A New Beginning for Old Town.
The Old Town Mill has a storied history. Situated in the city of
Old Town, Maine, in Penobscot County, on the banks of the Penobscot River, the mill began operations in 1860 as a sawmill, moving into pulp products in 1882 as the Penobscot Chemical Fiber Company. After merging with Diamond
International in 1967, the mill was sold to the James River Corporation in 1983.
Until 2015, the mill operated under several different ownership
structures including Fort James, Georgia Pacific, and, most recently, Expera Specialty Solutions, until the mill was ultimately idled in 2015. In October 2018, ND Paper purchased the Mill.
We’ve been investing, innovating and making transforming ever since.
Machines & Product Lines
We are a growing leader in the North American pulp market, with a commitment to producing high-quality products that drive value for our customers and find sustainable solutions for our industry.
In addition to the durable unbleached softwood kraft pulp we’ve been producing since recommissioning the Old Town Mill, we also now produce recycled market pulp, manufactured from old corrugated containers (OCC). These durable and in-demand products are helping drive ND Paper’s growth in the pulp market as well as our expansion into the packaging industry by bring affordable, quality and sustainable solutions to our customers.
How our products are used
- Retail inserts, magazines, flyers, brochures & catalogs
- Books, corporate communication & manuals
- Corrugated boxes
- Kraft bags and paper