29 Nov Utilities Superintendent (Old Town, ME)
ND Old Town LLC (Old Town), a wholly owned subsidiary of ND Paper, is a fully integrated northern unbleached softwood kraft market pulp mill, situated on over 100 acres in close proximity to Bangor, Maine’s second largest city. Existing capacity for the mill is 155,000 admt of premium northern softwood kraft; future capacity is targeted at 275,000 admt. The Old Town facility can produce 100% of its energy needs, using mostly green, renewable energy sources.
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. ND Paper is an environmentally sustainable company that manufactures and distributes various types of pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials at its mills in Rumford, Maine, Biron, Wisconsin, Fairmont, West Virginia and our newest facility in Old Town, Maine.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! We are currently seeking a Utilities Superintendent at our Old Town Mill, where the Utilities Department is comprised of a B&W Kraft recovery boiler, lime kiln and recaust plant, B&W wood fired power boiler, CE natural gas/fuel oil fired package boiler, a steam turbine capable of producing 22 MW of electrical power, and a large, modern water treatment plant.
ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation package. The successful candidate will be responsible for successful, safe and efficient operation of the mill’s recovery and biomass boilers and associated systems.
- Supervision of hourly personnel within the boiler, lime kiln/recaust plant, and water plant areas
- Primary responsibility for daily operation of kraft recovery boiler, lime kiln/recaust plant, wood power and package boiler plants, turbine, and water plant areas
- Monitor and optimize Utilities Plant processes to maximize efficiency, reduce costs, operate within environmental limits, and meet the production requirements of the Kraft Mill and machine
- Prioritize Operational and Maintenance issues in the Utilities area
- Assist in the planning and execution of maintenance outages within the area with a high level of focus on safety and productivity
- Provide leadership in area safety activities and participate in mill wide safety efforts.
- Provide leadership and coaching/development to the hourly staff
- Recommend and implement best practices to improve reliability and overall operations
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong technical knowledge of all power plant equipment and processes
- Flexibility in accepting special assignments and department wide responsibilities
- Commitment to safety, clean production, continuous improvement and equipment reliability
- Decision making capabilities commensurate with the operation of industrial boilers and related equipment
- Works effectively with operations and maintenance teams
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated skills with using SAP, PI-Process Book, and Distributed Control Systems
- Flexibility in accepting special assignments and department wide responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marine, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering
- State of Maine Third Class Stationary Steam Engineer’s License or higher strongly preferred.
- 3 – 7 years experience in Pulp and Paper Mill operations or Industrial Power Plant operations
- Working knowledge of recovery boilers, lime kiln/recaust systems, power boilers, steam turbines, and steam distribution systems
- Candidate must model ND Paper’s values and achieve results through safe and clean work practices, respect for people, minimal environmental impact, quality and customers first, and social responsibility