29 Nov Utilities, Manager (Old Town, ME)
ND Old Town LLC (Old Town), a wholly owned subsidiary of ND Paper, is a fully integrated northern unbleached softwood kraft market pulp mill, situated on over 100 acres in close proximity to Bangor, Maine’s second largest city. Existing capacity for the mill is 155,000 admt of premium northern softwood kraft; future capacity is targeted at 275,000 admt. The Old Town facility can produce 100% of its energy needs, using mostly green, renewable energy sources.
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. ND Paper is an environmentally sustainable company that manufactures and distributes various types of pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials at its mills in Rumford, Maine, Biron, Wisconsin, Fairmont, West Virginia and our newest facility in Old Town, Maine.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! We are currently seeking a Manager, Utilities at our Old Town Mill, where the Utilities Department is comprised of a B&W Kraft recovery boiler, lime kiln and recaust plant, B&W wood fired power boiler, CE natural gas/fuel oil fired package boiler, a steam turbine capable of producing 22 MW of electrical power, and a large, modern water treatment plant.
ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation. The successful candidate will be responsible for successful, safe and efficient operation of the mill’s recovery and biomass boilers and associated systems.
- Responsible for the overall operational management and leadership of the Utilities Department
- Provide leadership and actively participate in safety and clean production efforts within the Utilities Department, and throughout the facility
- Supervision of management and operations’ personnel
- Maintain safety and environmental compliance within parameters for Utilities equipment
- Work collaboratively with the Environmental manager involving daily operations and long term goals
- Manage the operation and maintain system reliability
- Participate in planning and execution of scheduled and unscheduled equipment outages
- Manage the Recovery Cycle process to maintain high levels of reliability, and match Kraft production. Lead the planning and execution of the Kraft Mill/Utilities annual outage
- Ensure compliance with State, ND Paper, and Insurance requirements for Power Boilers, Turbines, Recovery Boilers, etc.
- Lead the development of operating budgets, capital budgets, and major repair plans for the department
- Maintain strong communication systems within the Utilities Department, and thorough interaction with other departments.
- Identify and introduce energy reduction projects and control/technology projects aimed at improving system reliability and reducing operating costs
- 5-10 years experience in Marine or Power Engineering and Pulp and Paper Mill operations with working knowledge of boiler operations and recovery cycle operation
- Strong oral, written, listening, and communications skills, as well as initiative and the ability to delegate decision making and other responsibilities
- The ability to efficiently focus attention on the details of process operations is necessary
- Candidate must possess the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management
- Decision making capabilities commensurate with the operation of large industrial boilers and related equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline required
- 1st Class Boiler Engineer’s License in accordance with State of Maine regulations; required to serve as the Old Town Mill’s Engineer in Charge for the Utilities operation
- Candidate must model ND Paper’s values and achieve results through safe and clean work practices, respect for people, minimal environmental impact, quality and customers first, and social responsibility