12 Jul Technical Accounting and Consolidations Director (Oakbrook Terrace, IL)
Technical Accounting and Consolidations Director (Oakbrook Terrace, IL)
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. We are an environmentally-friendly company that manufactures various types of high-quality pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron Wisconsin are integrated paper & pulp facilities, and our mill in Fairmont, West Virginia is one of only three in the world that produces air-dried, recycled pulp. We anticipate our fourth mill, in Old Town, Maine, will reopen in 2019. We are proud of our over 1,300 dedicated employees, who together produce 1.1 million metric tons of paper annually.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation. We are currently seeking an experienced Technical Accounting and Consolidations Director to join our team.
Summary of Position:
The Technical Accounting and Consolidations Director will report directly to the Corporate Controller. This role is very hands-on and will focus on all facets of accounting for business units and the Corporate office. This includes consolidations, financial reporting and special projects.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for hands-on timely preparation of accurate financial statements, including month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing with footnotes and submission to parent company.
- Responsible for maintaining chart of accounts, preparing some and reviewing all period end journal entries and general ledger reconciliations necessary to produce accurate consolidated financial statements.
- Prepare and evaluate balance sheet and income statement information, determining variances and trends and report to management. Clearly articulates and summarizes changes in account or financial statement line items for internal fluctuation reporting.
- Handle and oversee day-to-day operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Update or create policies on accounting procedures including internal control and ensure compliance with existing policies and procedures.
- Provide support and identify action plans for delivering information for company initiatives.
- Build rapport between the accounting group and internal/external customer including auditors, banks, and other functional areas within the company. Collaborate and identify improvement areas.
- Manage and mentor accounting staff.
- Lead the day to day process of external audit.
- Identify risk areas with accounting procedures and perform research as necessary to ensure reports are prepared/presented in accordance with GAAP.
- Coordinate the preparation and supply of accurate and timely accounting deliverables including schedules for compilation of corporate income tax returns, required regulatory reporting and bank covenant reporting, etc.
- Work with the mills’ accounting operations to ensure sufficient controls, adherence to, and implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Proactively provides observations/recommendations on gaining efficiency in the monthly GL Close process and other accounting processes. Implements approved changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, finance or related
- MSA, MBA, CPA and/or CMA certification preferred
- 7+ Progressively responsible experience in accounting, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) a plus
- Exposure in related areas such as Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Treasury/Cash, Fixed Assets, Inventory, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously in a fast paced, changing environment
- Extremely detail oriented with strong staff and process management/improvement skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills along with the ability to develop relationship across the organization.
- Deep understanding of ERP systems preferably SAP to propose and/or implement improvements in utilization
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to speak and write in Mandarin a plus