29 Nov Superintendent, Pulp & Washing (Old Town, ME)
ND Old Town LLC (Old Town), a wholly owned subsidiary of ND Paper, is a fully integrated northern unbleached softwood kraft market pulp mill, situated on over 100 acres in close proximity to Bangor, Maine’s second largest city. Existing capacity for the mill is 155,000 admt of premium northern softwood kraft; future capacity is targeted at 275,000 admt. The Old Town facility can produce 100% of its energy needs, using mostly green, renewable energy sources.
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. ND Paper is an environmentally sustainable company that manufactures and distributes various types of pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials at its mills in Rumford, Maine, Biron, Wisconsin, Fairmont, West Virginia and our newest facility in Old Town, Maine.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! We are currently seeking a Superintendent, Pulp & Washing at our Old Town Mill, responsible for the mill’s pulping operation, which consists of two Kamyr continuous digesters with brownstock screening, washing and storage systems.
ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation package.
- Provide direct supervision for the pulp and washing operation
- Drives continuous awareness and support of safety and clean production initiatives
- Work collaboratively with maintenance counterparts to identify, prioritize and ensure execution of maintenance activities
- Manage lock out/tag out for process
- Maintain accountability and control of key process parameters and productivity
- Ensure compliance with Mill, departmental, safety and environmental policies and regulations
- Provide communication of safety, environmental compliance, quality, productivity, and general business updates to crews
- Identify and assist with training needs for process operators
- Prior pulp manufacturing and recovery/causticizing process experience required
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Candidate must possess the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills; ability to troubleshoot process problems effectively
- Candidate must possess strong organizational, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must be committed to safety, clean production, continuous improvement and equipment reliability
- Demonstrated skills with using SAP, PI-Process Book, and Distributed Control Systems preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent training and/or experience
- Candidate must model ND Paper’s values and achieve results through safe and clean work practices, respect for people, minimal environmental impact, quality and customers first, and social responsibility