29 Nov Superintendent, ETP, Biomass & Woodyard (Old Town, ME)
ND Old Town LLC (Old Town), a wholly owned subsidiary of ND Paper, is a fully integrated northern unbleached softwood kraft market pulp mill, situated on over 100 acres in close proximity to Bangor, Maine’s second largest city. Existing capacity for the mill is 155,000 admt of premium northern softwood kraft; future capacity is targeted at 275,000 admt. The Old Town facility can produce 100% of its energy needs, using mostly green, renewable energy sources.
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. ND Paper is an environmentally sustainable company that manufactures and distributes various types of pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials at its mills in Rumford, Maine, Biron, Wisconsin, Fairmont, West Virginia and our newest facility in Old Town, Maine.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! We are currently seeking a Superintendent, ETP, Biomass & Woodyard.
ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation package.
- Provide direct supervision for the ETP, biomass and woodyard (chip pile) operation and personnel
- Drives continuous awareness and support of safety and clean production initiatives
- Work collaboratively with maintenance counterparts to identify, prioritize and ensure execution of maintenance activities
- Manage areas’ lock out/tag out processes
- Maintain accountability and control of key process parameters and productivity
- Ensure compliance with Mill, departmental, safety and environmental policies and regulations
- Provide communication of safety, environmental compliance, quality, productivity, and general business updates to crews
- Identify and assist with training needs for process operators
- Prior ETP and supervisory experience required
- Candidate must possess the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management.
- Candidate must possess strong organizational, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must be committed to safety, clean production, environmental sustainability, continuous improvement and equipment reliability
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member
- Waste water licence/certification commensurate with the Maine DEP rules for Operator in Responsible Charge (ORC) of the Effluent Treatment Plant required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent training and/or experience
- Candidate must model ND Paper’s values and achieve results through safe and clean work practices, respect for people, minimal environmental impact, quality and customers first, and social responsibility