14 May Strategic Sourcing Summer Intern (Oakbrook Terrace, IL)
Strategic Sourcing Summer Intern (Oakbrook Terrace, IL)
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. We are an environmentally-friendly company that manufactures various types of high-quality pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron Wisconsin are integrated paper & pulp facilities, and our mill in Fairmont, West Virginia is one of only three in the world that produces air-dried, recycled pulp. We are proud of our more than 1,300 dedicated employees, who together produce 1.1 million metric tons of paper annually.
We are currently seeking a summer intern to join our Sourcing team. In this role, you will be heavily involved in the creation, development, and execution of a sourcing strategy within a rapidly changing landscape that will require you to constantly adapt, learn, and reposition to achieve the highest cost savings.
You will work with senior business stakeholders to understand business goals. You will also collaborate closely with a team of highly talented and motivated Sourcing Managers. You must be detail-oriented, thrive in the creative process, and deeply analytical. You must strive to base all your decisions on strong data-backed analysis.
- Collaborate with Sourcing team to create strategic sourcing strategy
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Exhibit deep understanding of supplier cost structures, market drivers, and the competitive landscape
- Perform in-depth cost analysis and make data-backed recommendations based on completed RFPs
- Conduct deep dives of various commodities and markets
- Present market and cost analysis to team
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be a Junior (graduating in 2020) working towards a B.A. or B.S.
- Minimum 3.2 GPA required
- Business, Supply Chain, Economics, Engineering, Pulp/Papermaking majors or related fields preferred