08 Jan Shift Team Leader (Biron, WI)
- Supervise, lead and drive change mill-wide with focus on paper machine and finishing operations. Responsibilities include managing all aspects of shift operations: safety, quality, cost control, productivity and leading the operations through all emergency situations.
- Deliver improved results by providing leadership and guidance for the operations and shift maintenance personnel.
- Lead, mentor, and guide the development of crews into self-sufficient, autonomous operating teams that are supporting and driving initiatives that improve the safety, quality, cost competitiveness and productivity of the Biron Division.
- This position is a platform for career growth.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor operations throughout the shift, verify expectations are followed and systems are utilized to ensure we realize our full potential in the areas of safety, quality, cost competitiveness and productivity.
- Perform off-shift and weekend maintenance prioritization. Assist production and maintenance personnel with shift maintenance activity coordination to safely minimize equipment downtime.
- Work with Business Unit Leadership to set and achieve consistent quality and productivity goals for the business units.
- Develop employees in the technical aspects of their jobs, as well as, the team aspects required for individuals and the crew to be successful. A critical component of this is promoting cooperation within and between business units/departments.
- Provide on-shift training for all employees regarding problem solving and decision making processes.
- Work with operators, specialists, engineers and the business unit leaders to improve training materials and processes.
- Through the use of audit procedures designed to promote consistency and development of best practices, complete audits each shift to ensure conformance to expectations and promote idea generation that will drive an evolution of best practices within the confines of our established process.
- Evaluate employee performance and provide feedback to employees on successes and opportunities for improvement.
- Supervise/support the activities of operating crews throughout the business units on a rotating shift basis.
- Work with the business units to identify and eliminate bottlenecks in the operation to increase mill productivity.
- Administer the labor agreement, policies and work rules.
- Possess ambulatory capabilities to move around the mill, climb ladders and catwalks.
- EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- At least three years of experience in paper mill operations on paper machines or coaters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in pulp and paper, chemical engineering or mechanical engineering.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Safety conscious and willing to work in an industrial environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Desire to work in an industrial environment and production atmosphere and climb in/around equipment
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Good time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong initiative and perseverance
- Strong ambition for continuous learning, willingness to take on additional responsibilities, and desire to promote in the future.
You can expect a competitive benefit and salary package when you work with us, along with the chance to advance your skills, experience and knowledge within a supportive peer environment.