25 Jun Shift Team Leader – 2 openings (Biron Division)
Shift Team Leader, Biron Division in Wisconsin Rapids, WI
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. We are an environmentally-friendly company that manufactures various types of high-quality pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron Wisconsin are integrated paper & pulp facilities, and our mill in Fairmont, West Virginia is one of only three in the world that produces air-dried, recycled pulp. We anticipate our fourth mill, in Old Town, Maine, will reopen in 2019. We are proud of our over 1,300 dedicated employees, who together produce 1.1 million metric tons of paper annually.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation. We are currently seeking two (2) experienced Shift Team Leaders to join our team.
The Shift Team Leader will work under the direction of the Jason Jones. This is a full-time salaried position. This position supervises, leads and drives change mill-wide with focus on paper machines and finishing operations, and is a platform or career growth.
- Responsibilities include managing all aspects of shift operations: safety, quality, cost control, productivity and leading the operations through all emergency situations.
- Deliver improved results by providing leadership and guidance for the operations and shift maintenance personnel.
- Lead, mentor, and guide the development of crews into self-sufficient, autonomous operating teams that are supporting and driving initiatives that improve the safety, quality, cost competitiveness and productivity of the Biron Division.
- Monitor operations throughout the shift, verify expectations are followed and systems are utilized to ensure we realize our full potential in the areas of safety, quality, cost competitiveness and productivity.
- Perform off-shift and weekend maintenance prioritization. Assist production and maintenance personnel with shift maintenance activity coordination to safely minimize equipment downtime.
- Work with Business Unit Leadership to set and achieve consistent quality and productivity goals for the business units.
- Develop employees in the technical aspects of their jobs, as well as, the team aspects required for individuals and the crew to be successful. A critical component of this is promoting cooperation within and between business units/departments.
- Provide on-shift training for all employees regarding problem solving and decision making processes.
- Work with operators, specialists, engineers and the business unit leaders to improve training materials and processes.
- Through the use of audit procedures designed to promote consistency and development of best practices, complete audits each shift to ensure conformance to expectations and promote idea generation that will drive an evolution of best practices within the confines of our established process.
- Evaluate employee performance and provide feedback to employees on successes and opportunities for improvement.
- Supervise/support the activities of operating crews throughout the business units on a rotating shift basis.
- Work with the business units to identify and eliminate bottlenecks in the operation to increase mill productivity.
- Administer the labor agreement, policies and work rules.
- Possess ambulatory capabilities to move around the mill, climb ladders and catwalks.
- At least three years of experience in paper mill operations on paper machines or coaters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in pulp and paper, chemical engineering or mechanical engineering.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Safety conscious and willing to work in an industrial environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Desire to work in an industrial environment and production atmosphere and climb in/around equipment
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Good time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong initiative and perseverance
- Strong ambition for continuous learning, willingness to take on additional responsibilities, and desire to promote in the future.