29 Nov Shift Managers (Old Town, ME)
ND Old Town LLC (Old Town), a wholly owned subsidiary of ND Paper, is a fully integrated northern unbleached softwood kraft market pulp mill, situated on over 100 acres in close proximity to Bangor, Maine’s second largest city. Existing capacity for the mill is 155,000 admt of premium northern softwood kraft; future capacity is targeted at 275,000 admt. The Old Town facility can produce 100% of its energy needs, using mostly green, renewable energy sources.
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. ND Paper is an environmentally sustainable company that manufactures and distributes various types of pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials at its mills in Rumford, Maine, Biron, Wisconsin, Fairmont, West Virginia and our newest facility in Old Town, Maine.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! We are currently seeking four (4) Shift Managers at our Old Town Mill, responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant on shift. The successful candidate will carry out responsibilities to ensure maximum production and efficiency, while meeting all safety, quality and environmental requirements in the most efficient, economical manner possible.
ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation package.
- Responsible for creating a safe and clean production environment, with daily safety interactions with employees, daily safety/housekeeping walkthroughs, and follow up on any/all safety events
- Monitor quality of production and make timely decisions to address/resolve quality issues timely (via alarming, pages, summary data, etc,)
- Remove barriers and drive performance during off hours
- Coordinate unscheduled L&D events and maintenance prioritization
- Monitor and maintain speed and efficiency of equipment
- Monitor daily production statistics
- Ensure shift production and operational issues are elevated to area leadership in a timely manner
- Monitor environmental parameters and respond to issues accordingly
- Initiate spill investigations occurring on shift
- Coach, train, and direct and mentor hourly operators
- Monitor maintenance work throughout the plant on shift
- Monitor crew performance and ensure operator rounds are complete
- Kraft pulp or paper machine supervisory experience
- Experience with kraft mill and recovery processes, as well as boiler operation preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills; ability to troubleshoot process problems effectively
- Ability to make decisions under pressure for situations, such as production stoppages or work affecting safety of personnel or equipment
- Ability to coach, mentor, lead and direct employees to meet stated objectives
- Candidate must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills, as well as initiative and the ability to delegate decision making and other responsibilities
- Ability to handle multiple time sensitive projects and issues.
- Committed to safety, clean production, continuous improvement and equipment reliability
- Demonstrated skills with using SAP, PI-Process Book, and Distributed Control Systems preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member as well as independently
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Pulp & Paper Science or 10+ years of paper machine operation experience.
- Paper machine supervisory experience with 2-5 years paper machine operations
- Candidate must model ND Paper’s values and achieve results through safe and clean work practices, respect for people, minimal environmental impact, quality and customers first, and social responsibility