15 May Rolling Stock Mechanic (Fairmont, WV)
Rolling Stock Mechanic (Fairmont, WV)
ND Paper is a newly formed, wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited (HKG: 2689), a leading global paper product manufacturer and the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia. Nine Dragons has an extensive product line of kraftlinerboard, testlinerboard, white top linerboard, coated linerboard, high performance corrugating medium, coated duplex board, and coated white board. These products, along with the Rumford, Biron, and Fairmont product lines, provide a one-stop shop for a broad variety of your needs in packaging and paper products.
ND Paper is focused on putting the customer first and is an environmentally friendly company that manufactures and distributes various types of pulp, paper, and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron, Wisconsin are fully-integrated paper and pulp mills with approximately 1,000 employees and the capacity to produce 890,000 metric tons of paper annually.
- High school diploma and a two-year technical degree or equivalent training.
- Diesel Mechanic Certification and Hydraulic Certification a plus.
- Crane Safety Welding Certification and Millwright Certification a plus.
Minimum Experience Requirements:
A working mechanical knowledge of industrial trucks, not limited to industrial forklifts. Must have a positive mental attitude and be able to communicate and work well with plant personnel in all departments. Top candidate will be proactive, self-directed, able to think out of box, and possess the ability to visualize, plan, and complete projects with little or no supervision. Qualified candidates will have an exceptional safety record.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects, diagnoses, and repairs mechanical problems on various types of mobile equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance on all vehicles and equipment, which includes company required inspections.
- Identifies required parts for repairs and properly requisitions parts from appropriate supplier and/or storeroom.
- Completes all necessary forms, which include, but are not limited to: repair orders, service truck logs, core and warranty tags, and parts slips.
- Assistance with other tasks and projects as assigned.
On The Job Requirements:
- Must be able to work independently, be able to prioritize work, and be a self-starter.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and work in a team environment.
- Must have telephone and live within a reasonable commuting distance of the mill.
- Must be able to work shift work, overtime, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Must be able to respond to call-ins.
- Qualified candidate must become familiar with OSHA Mobile Equipment Guidelines.
Only those candidates meeting or exceeding all requirements will be interviewed. All selected candidates will be required to take a written & hands-on skills test.
Candidates may email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.