29 Nov Recovery, Kiln/Caustizing & Biomass Boiler Operators (Old Town, ME)
ND Old Town LLC (Old Town), a wholly owned subsidiary of ND Paper, is a fully integrated northern unbleached softwood kraft market pulp mill, situated on over 100 acres in close proximity to Bangor, Maine’s second largest city. Existing capacity for the mill is 155,000 admt of premium northern softwood kraft; future capacity is targeted at 275,000 admt. The Old Town facility can produce 100% of its energy needs, using mostly green, renewable energy sources.
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. ND Paper is an environmentally sustainable company that manufactures and distributes various types of pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials at its mills in Rumford, Maine, Biron, Wisconsin, Fairmont, West Virginia and our newest facility in Old Town, Maine.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! We are currently seeking experienced Recovery, Kiln/Causticizing & Biomass Boiler Operators to assist with recommissioning, and then operation of our B&W Kraft recovery boiler, our B&W wood fired power boiler, our lime kiln/recaust plant, and our CE natural gas/fuel oil fired package boiler at our new Old Town Mill. ND Paper offers full benefits and competitive wages. The successful candidates will be responsible for assisting with a successful, safe and efficient start up, and subseuqent operation of the mill’s recovery, lime kiln, biomass boilers and associated systems.
Competitive wages and benefits package offered.
- Responsible for assisting with the safe, efficient recommissioning and then operation of Old Town Mill’s Utilities’ systems, including the above referenced boilers, 2 steam turbines, lime kiln/recaust plant, a water plant, and the associated power related generating equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot and work in hot environments
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position
- Must demonstrate safe and clean work practices at all times
- Full time employment working 12 hour, rotating Shift Work required; some overtime work requested, as necessitated by the business and/or operation
- 4th Class Stationary Steam or higher license required prior to commencing employment with willingness to progress to a higher level Stationary Steam License
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent operating 2+years’ experience in Boiler operations preferred
- Power Engineering experience required; Marine Engineering or Power Engineering background preferred
- Must possess independent decision making and critical thinking skills
- Must possess good mechanical and electrical systems’ aptitude
- Must be willing to continuously learn and develop skills and knowledge of the operation
- Proficiency with computer systems
- Successful candidates must successfully pass our hiring process, which includes completing a detailed application, interview, and pre-placement physical with drug testing