12 Apr Purchasing Manager
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. We are an environmentally-friendly company that manufactures various types of high-quality pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron Wisconsin are integrated paper & pulp facilities, and our mill in Fairmont, West Virginia is one of only three in the world that produces air-dried, recycled pulp. We anticipate our fourth mill, in Old Town, Maine, will reopen in 2019. We are proud of our 1,100 dedicated employees, who together produce 1.1 million metric tons of paper annually.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation. We are currently seeking an experienced Purchasing Manager. The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for indirect purchasing. The successful candidate should be well versed in evaluating industry standard construction contracts, providing input to Corporate Legal and Contract Specialists concerning contract language as it relates to constructability of the project or service. Candidate should be able to clearly navigate terms of service, with the goal of removing risk and uncertainty from ND Paper. Skilled negotiator whom can leverage price, terms of service and provide minimal risk transfer to ND Paper. It is helpful, though not required, to have experience in the Pulp & Paper Industry, though manufacturing experience is a requirement.
- Lead, mentor and coach Purchasing Team in ND Paper values/deliverables
- Participate in bid package development and review
- Lead the vendor/contractor selection process; prequalification packages to vendor/contractor pool, issue bid package to qualified companies, evaluate documentation comparisons and works with project team, corporate purchasing and legal to select, negotiate and award business to the appropriate vendor or contractor based on price point, most favorable terms of service and best quality to derive the most value for ND Paper. In addition, follow-up with vendors/contractors on performance and participate in conflict resolution as needed. Able to effectively work with all facets of the organization, from the shop floor to senior executives.
- Strong team player, whom will work collaboratively across the organization. Models ND Paper’s values.
- Ability to strategically source and create maximum savings at greatest value
- Works closely with Corporate Legal and Corporate Procurement to ensure consistency across the ND Paper Platform.
- Create, manage and update contract database with Corporate. Create vendor database, as well as document negotiated savings that can be incorporated across the ND Paper platform.
- BS Degree in Business
- CPP/CPSM/SCPro/SPSM certification is desired
- Experience within Pulp & Paper strongly desired, though not required
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with SAP
- Proficiency in Excel and strong ability to utilize the program to interpret and deeply understand the data to make well-informed business decisions
- Experienced in negotiating
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong leadership capabilities including; mentoring, coaching and change management