29 Nov Pulp Dryer Superintendent (Old Town, ME)
ND Old Town LLC (Old Town), a wholly owned subsidiary of ND Paper, is a fully integrated northern unbleached softwood kraft market pulp mill, situated on over 100 acres in close proximity to Bangor, Maine’s second largest city. Existing capacity for the mill is 155,000 admt of premium northern softwood kraft; future capacity is targeted at 275,000 admt. The Old Town facility can produce 100% of its energy needs, using mostly green, renewable energy sources.
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. ND Paper is an environmentally sustainable company that manufactures and distributes various types of pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials at its mills in Rumford, Maine, Biron, Wisconsin, Fairmont, West Virginia and our newest facility in Old Town, Maine.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! We are currently seeking a Pulp Dryer Superintendent at our Old Town Mill, responsible for safe operation of the mill’s 585 admt/day kraft market pulp dryer. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, organizing and controlling the safety, quality, productivity, maintenance coordination, and employee relations of the pulp dryer.
ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation package.
- Maintain efficient manufacturing operation
- Monitor performance of the Pulp Dryer with respect to productivity, quality, safety and profitability; achieve or exceed targeted goals
- Identify and introduce appropriate technology to the area through the capital and expense system
- Coordinate and set expectations for suppliers, mill resources and support organizations operating in area of responsibility
- Execute special projects and implement new work processes for continuous improvement in safety, customer satisfaction, machine efficiency and profitability
- Lead Pulp Dryer personnel and resources in achieving all tactical, strategic and long and short term objectives which support mill/division contracts
- Possess working knowledge of every aspect of pulp dryer operation, maintenance, and finishing
- Ability to make decisions under pressure; for situations, such as, production stoppages or work affecting safety of personnel or equipment
- Ability to coach, mentor, lead and direct employees to meet stated objectives
- Candidate must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills, as well as initiative and the ability to delegate decision making and other responsibilities
- Ability to handle multiple time sensitive projects and issues.
- Candidate must possess the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management
- Committed to safety, clean production, continuous improvement and equipment reliability
- Demonstrated skills with using SAP, PI-Process Book, and Distributed Control Systems preferred
- Flexibility in accepting special assignments and department wide responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, pulp and paper science or related field OR the equivalent training and/or experience
- Candidate must model ND Paper’s values and achieve results through safe and clean work practices, respect for people, minimal environmental impact, quality and customers first, and social responsibility