29 Nov Pulp Dryer Lead Operator (Old Town, ME)
ND Old Town LLC (Old Town), a wholly owned subsidiary of ND Paper, is a fully integrated northern unbleached softwood kraft market pulp mill, situated on over 100 acres in close proximity to Bangor, Maine’s second largest city. Existing capacity for the mill is 155,000 admt of premium northern softwood kraft; future capacity is targeted at 275,000 admt. The Old Town facility can produce 100% of its energy needs, using mostly green, renewable energy sources.
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. ND Paper is an environmentally sustainable company that manufactures and distributes various types of pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials at its mills in Rumford, Maine, Biron, Wisconsin, Fairmont, West Virginia and our newest facility in Old Town, Maine.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! We are currently seeking an experienced Pulp Dryer Lead Operator to assist with recommissioning, and then operating a large Kraft market pulp dryer, rated for 585 adm/day. ND Paper offers full benefits and competitive wages. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with successful, safe and efficient start up and subsequent operation of the mill’s pulp dryer and associated systems.
Competitive wages and benefits package offered.
- Responsible for safe, efficient recommissioning of the Old Town Mills large Kraft market pulp dryer
- Ability to troubleshoot and work in hot environments
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position
- Must lead an operational crew to successful and safe pulp dryer operation
- Must work in collaboration with management on all aspects of pulp dryer operation
- Must demonstrate safe and clean work practices at all times
- Full time employment working 12 hour, rotating Shift Work required; some overtime work required, as necessitated by the business or operation
- Prior experience, 2+ years, as lead operator of a pulp dryer or paper machine
- Must possess independent decision making and critical thinking skills
- Must possess good mechanical and electrical systems’ aptitude
- Must be willing to continuously learn and develop skills and knowledge of the operation
- Proficiency with computer systems and use of DCS
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Successful candidates must successfully pass our hiring process, which includes completing a detailed application, interview, and pre-placement physical with drug testing