28 Jun Pulp and Power Business Unit Leader (Biron)
- Provide leadership to meet/exceed key performance metrics in the areas of safety, sustainability, quality, cost and production.
- Fully support mill safety programs to create a safe work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Drive the spirit of our safety vision during tactical and strategic safety decisions: Safety…Own It!
- Develop strategy, assist with capital and business planning, set direction, improve and optimize processes for optimizing the mill’s energy usage & programs as well as pulp production and species optimization.
- Deliver high quality product to internal customers, work closely with paper machine team to produce pulp that meets their needs
- Develop and administer goals, budgets and cost reduction initiatives as well as control to budgets for the business unit.
- Facilitate organizational effectiveness by modeling, reinforcing, and coaching as well as facilitate resolution to performance gaps.
- Maintain effective communications and working relationships with paper production, fiber line, suppliers, maintenance, IT, environmental, HR, sales and marketing, research, engineering, and purchasing
- Provide on-call and weekend duty coverage within a designated rotation.
- Communicate in depth understanding of unit operations, process equipment technology, and relevant information allowing others to perform their assigned roles.
- Bachelor’s degree in pulp & paper science, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or a related field
- 5 years of related paper, operational, or manufacturing/industrial experience
- Leadership that instills confidence and credibility with all employees.
- Proven organizational and change management skills.
- Proven technical problem-solving skills.
- Required Competencies:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; competency with standard Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SAP, Proficy, Aspen Tech/Process Explorer, etc.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills; a solid background in statistical analysis is a plus.
- Strong leadership aptitude.
- Ability to work well in team environments
Job Category: Engineer Manufacturing Process Production
Job Type: Full Time Salary
Job Location: Biron