29 Nov Procurement, Fiber (Rumford, Maine)
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. ND Paper is an environmentally friendly company that manufactures and distributes various types of pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron, Wisconsin are fully-integrated paper and pulp mills with approximately 1,000 employees and the capacity to produce 890,000 metric tons of paper annually.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation. We are currently seeking an experienced Fiber Procurement professional. The position encompasses working with other procurement professionals in a team environment, to procure fiber for the Rumford Mill. Negotiate purchased wood contracts with assigned suppliers. Daily use of various information systems to administer contracts and track performance. Continual interaction across the supply base to gather information on regional supply and demand. Site visits to suppliers to monitor quality and/or assure compliance with fiber sourcing standards.
- Negotiate Fiber and Service contracts associated with Fiber Procurement to the Rumford Mill.
- Accountable for meeting cost and volumes of assigned suppliers.
- Utilize the LIMS wood settlement system to manage contracts, quota, deliveries and to administer other fiber service activities.
- Gather market information of regional supply and demand by understanding positions and strategies of competing fiber consumers.
- Perform assigned Off Hours coverage of the automated Rumford Scale.
- Monitor and address fiber and or service quality issues with assigned supplies.
- Communicate with all levels of the supply chain from landowners, loggers, mill owners and their representatives, truckers, Rumford mill personnel, mill and corporate management, auditors and the public, as necessary.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Forest Operations, Forestry, Forest Management, or Business Management
- 1–5 years of experience in procurement activities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience in the regional forest products industry desired
- Experience/knowledge of the basic structure making up delivered fiber cost components.
- Analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office competency required
- Valid driver’s license required
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability and desire to operate a motor vehicle under extended driving distances and conditions
- Ability to excel in an environment of constant change with multiple priorities.
- Daily travel by vehicle is expected, with occasional overnight travel likely.