12 Feb Process Engineer (Fairmont, WV)
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. We are an environmentally-friendly company that manufactures various types of high-quality pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron Wisconsin are integrated paper & pulp facilities, and our mill in Fairmont, West Virginia is one of only three in the world that produces air-dried, recycled pulp. We anticipate our fourth mill, in Old Town, Maine, will reopen in 2019. We are proud of our 1,100 dedicated employees, who together produce 1.1 million metric tons of paper annually.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! ND Paper offers full benefits and competitive compensation. We are currently seeking an experienced Process Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, and implementing improvements at our Fairmont, WV division. This position works closely with production and technical/quality teams to safely maximize production, yield, and quality while minimizing costs.
- Responsible for meeting goals associated with mill safety, environmental performance, production, quality, and costs.
- Direct and coordinate projects to maintain and improve production and process controls.
- Carry out process evaluations to determine equipment efficiency, energy consumption, water usage, and potential for improvement.
- Stay up-to-date with new technologies, process and control equipment, inspection and testing methods, and related costs to continue optimizing the manufacturing process.
- Conduct troubleshooting and problem-solving activity (both reactive and proactive) routinely.
- Maintain mill P&ID diagrams and keep the CADSIM program up-to-date.
- Train and develop employees to assure operational responsiveness and increase technical knowledge.
- Involvement with chemical trials, routine process chemicals, and chemical vendors.
- Must model the company’s values and achieve results through safe work practices, cross-functional participation, manufacturing excellence, integrity, and respect for others.
- Ability to travel from time to time, as well as perform additional tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering (chemical/mechanical/paper science) or 3+ years of engineering work experience in industrial process, control systems, or paper machine management.
- Experience with mass balance a plus.
- Must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem solving, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills.
- Computer proficiency in software applications/environments required for analyzing, monitoring, costing, and reporting. Must include Microsoft Office Suite experience, SAP experience a plus.