29 Nov Power and Recovery Business Unit Manager (Rumford, ME)
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. ND Paper is an environmentally friendly company that manufactures and distributes various types of pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron, Wisconsin are fully-integrated paper and pulp mills with approximately 1,000 employees and the capacity to produce 890,000 metric tons of paper annually.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation. We are currently seeking an experienced a Power and Recovery Unit Manager. The Rumford Mill Utilities Department is comprised of a modern Cogen facility including two CFB boilers and one 100 MW turbine, two Power Boilers, one large Recovery Boiler, Multiple Effect Evaporator and Concentrator system, Lime Kiln/Causticizing process, Raw Water Treatment Plant, an Effluent Treatment Plant, and the mill’s landfill operation at Farrington Mountain.
- Responsible for the overall business management and leadership of the Utilities Department, to include;
- Provide leadership and actively participate in safety efforts within the Utilities Department, and throughout the facility.
- Supervision of management, operations and maintenance personnel for the business unit.
- Maintain compliance with environmental parameters for Utilities equipment. Maintain dialogue with Environmental Department over daily operations and long term goals.
- Manage the Cogen facility and maintain a high level of system reliability. Responsible for overseeing the planning and execution of annual outages for Cogen equipment.
- Manage the Recovery Cycle process to maintain high levels of reliability in order to match Pulp Mill production. Responsible for overseeing the planning and execution of the Recovery Cycle annual outage.
- Ensure compliance with State, ND Paper, and Insurance requirements for Power Boilers, Turbines, Recovery Boilers, etc.
- Responsible for developing and executing the maintenance plan with focus on reliability and cost.
- Lead the development of operating budgets, capital budgets, and major repair plans for the department.
- Maintain strong communication systems within the Utilities Department, and thorough interaction with other departments.
- Identify and introduce energy reduction projects and control/technology projects to the department aimed at reducing operating cost.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline required.
- Boiler Engineers License in accordance with State of Maine rules is preferred.
- 5-10 years’ experience in Pulp and Paper Mill operations with working knowledge of boiler operations and recovery cycle operation.
- Decision making capabilities commensurate with the operation of large industrial boilers and related equipment.
- Strong oral, written, listening, and communications skills, as well as initiative and the ability to delegate decision making and other responsibilities. The ability to efficiently focus attention on the details of process operations is necessary.
- Candidate must possess the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management.
- Candidate must model ND Paper’s values and achieve results through safe work practices, cross-functional participation, manufacturing excellence, integrity and respect for others.