14 Jun Paper Machine Superintendent (Rumford, ME)
Paper Machine Superintendent
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. We are an environmentally-friendly company that manufactures various types of high-quality pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron Wisconsin are integrated paper & pulp facilities, and our mill in Fairmont, West Virginia is one of only three in the world that produces air-dried, recycled pulp. We anticipate our fourth mill, in Old Town, Maine, will reopen in 2019. We are proud of our 1,100 dedicated employees, who together produce 1.1 million metric tons of paper annually.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation. We are currently seeking an experienced Paper Machine Superintendent. The Paper Machine Superintendent is responsible for managing the overall operation of the Paper Machine and auxiliary processes including stock preparation, coating preparation, rereeler and finishing. The successful candidate will be responsible for results of the Paper Machine Business Unit in the areas of safety, quality, customer field performance, efficiency, operating cost and clean production.
- Lead personnel and resources in achieving all tactical, strategic, long and short term objectives which support mill/division objectives.
- Lead a clean and efficient manufacturing operation with a focus on safe work practices
- Supervision of salaried and hourly personnel in the areas of responsibility.
- Develop a high-performance team with individual performance goals
- Identify and introduce appropriate technology to the area through the capital and expense system
- Coordinate and set expectations for suppliers, mill resources and support organizations including, but not limited to finishing, maintenance, process control and technical services
- Execute special projects and implement new work processes for continuous improvement in safety, clean production, customer satisfaction, machine efficiency and profitability
- Develop and administer goals, financial planning, and cost reduction activities for the Paper Machine and auxiliary process areas described above
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, pulp and paper science or related field OR the equivalent training and/or experience
- Possess working knowledge of every aspect of papermaking, including stock preparation, coating, finishing and the paper machine operations
- Ability to make high risk decisions under pressure for situations, such as production stoppages or work affecting safety of personnel or equipment
- Ability to motivate and direct employees to meet stated objectives
- Candidate must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills as well as initiative and the ability to delegate decision-making and other responsibilities
- Ability to handle multiple time sensitive projects