08 Jan Recycle and Machine Roll Specialist (Biron, WI)
Promote safety improvement programs. Manage, instruct and coach roll grind shop to efficiently maintain Biron machine rolls to meet operational requirements/quality. Using the roll management program own and coordinate the Biron machine roll repair process. Manage surplus and recycle inventory for maximum value.
- Lead safety programs and safety initiatives.
- Manage roll grinder personnel including
- Help maintain roll grind equipment and scheduling of roll grinds.
- Establish/document/maintain roll specifications
- Coordinate with operations, maintenance, and suppliers for timely repair/grind of machine rolls.
- Working with Operations to provide budgetary input including building budget and routine variance checks to budget.
- Maintain accurate roll specifications and repair history using the roll management program.
- Coordinate all inbound and outbound roll shipments with roll handlers, logistics provider, and vendors.
- Work with vendors to obtain multiple repair quotes
- Work with production and suppliers to select best value roll covers for application.
- Work in SAP to enter WO’s and purchase requisitions
- Be the main channel for information exchange and approvals between Biron operations and suppliers.
- Develop a recycle management system to effectively gather, re-use, re-sell all recycle paper, metals, scrap, surplus/retired equipment, etc.
- Manage and maintain mill-wide recycle program including employee training development and rollout.
- Work with purchasing to help achieve greatest value from assets and scrap.
- Work on productivity, cost, and quality improvement teams.
- Mentor working leaders.
- Work with operations, other maintenance supervision and maintenance crews to implement planned work, emergency work and preventative maintenance schedules as required (work as part of a team or lead the team)
- Interface with Engineering, vendors, in-house crafts and outside contractors.
- Provide technical assistance on maintenance related needs.
- Work extended hours when necessary and weekend coverage on a rotating basis.
- Move about the mill freely (extensive walking, climb ladders and stairs, etc.) and able to tolerate temperature extremes.
- Must communicate effectively (oral and written) and make decisions in emergency situations.EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or other relevant degree and 3+ years of maintenance or production experience in an industrial facility,
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Solid management, leadership, decision making and communication skills.
- Results oriented.
- Strong background in mechanical maintenance or engineering required.
- Strong computer skills; prefer SAP, Microsoft applications and computerized maintenance management systems.
- Strong administrative and organization skills.
- Excellent leadership, management, problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, written, and verbal Ability to work well with people.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Work beyond normal work schedule as necessary to fulfill position responsibilities.
- You can expect a competitive benefit and salary package when you work with us, along with the chance to advance your skills, experience and knowledge within a supportive peer environment.