28 Jun Paper Machine Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
Paper Machine Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor (Rumford, ME)
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. We are an environmentally-friendly company that manufactures various types of high-quality pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron Wisconsin are integrated paper & pulp facilities, and our mill in Fairmont, West Virginia is one of only three in the world that produces air-dried, recycled pulp. We anticipate our fourth mill, in Old Town, Maine, will reopen in 2019. We are proud of our 1,100 dedicated employees, who together produce 1.1 million metric tons of paper annually.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation. We are currently seeking an experienced mechanical maintenance supervisor to lead the daily work for a team of mechanics, as well as manage shutdowns, with a strong focus on safety and operational success.
- Support ND Paper core values with emphasis on Safe and Clean Production.
- Lead and supervise the mechanical crew promoting safety and precision maintenance.
- Execute planned and unplanned work, including shutdown plans, to meet department goals.
- Actively be a safety leader by engaging maintenance crew in daily safety discussions.
- Forward thinking to help drive innovation and decision making.
- Ability to learn SAP and to utilize system capabilities. SAP experience a plus.
- Apply the concepts of precision maintenance to ensure the equipment is properly maintained and repaired.
- Focus on eliminating failures to reduce machine downtime by ensuring proper preventative maintenance is completed and shutdown and routine work is properly executed.
- Work closely with maintenance planner and engineer along with production counterparts to execute work and improve equipment reliability.
- Coach and develop maintenance crews through training and problem resolution.
- Work with counterparts throughout organization to understand mill wide needs and support others as needed.
- Candidate should have at least 3+ years of industrial maintenance experience preferably in a paper mill environment. A minimum of an associate’s degree in mechanical discipline is preferred but not required.
- Candidate must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Candidate must be very flexible, and able to manage multiple priorities, both short and long term in nature.
- Candidate must possess the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management.
- Candidate must model the Rumford Mill’s values and achieve results through safe work practices, cross-functional participation, manufacturing excellence, integrity and respect for others.
- Typical work week is Monday through Thursday – day shift, with additional hours as needed to support the operation of a large 24/7 manufacturing operation including scheduled weekend coverage.