29 Nov Operational Initiative Manager (Oakbrook Terrace, IL)
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. We are an environmentally-friendly company that manufactures various types of high-quality pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron Wisconsin are integrated paper & pulp facilities, and our mill in Fairmont, West Virginia is one of only three in the world that produces air-dried, recycled pulp. We are proud of our 1,100 dedicated employees, who together produce 1.1 million metric tons of paper annually.
We have opened our US headquarters in Oakbrook Terrace, IL and are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation.
We are seeking an experienced Operational Initiative Manager. ND Paper is committed to clean manufacturing through world class operational hygiene, performance and safety. Reporting to the SVP, Management & Technology, the Operational Initiative Manager will be a key player in the implementation of clean production and other management office initiatives. Duties will include evaluating existing performance and working with focused teams to deliver improvements. The role will also assist in the development and enforcement of wide-ranging policies and procedures in support of the business.
- Implement specific initiatives at the direction of management
- Form and lead small project teams
- Troubleshoot, resolve and document issues
- Track progress towards resolution and communicate with internal partners on progress
- Write reports/policies and presentations to guide operational decisions
- Create new policies and procedures as directed
- Perform routine evaluations to ensure mills are operating in accordance with policies and procedures
- Consult with leadership about processes, practices, and systems and areas of improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, or equivalent experience
- Manufacturing Industry experience required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in leading project teams
- Experience with business process analysis and mapping
- Experience interacting with business leadership and collaborating with business partners at similarly-sized, global organization
- Experience managing complex projects and programs and applying effective project management concepts
- Experience with developing and implementing business policies
- Ability to achieve results
- Availability to travel (domestic and international) up to 30%