17 May Millwright Journeyman
Duties of the Job
- Trains others as required.
- Repairs and maintains mill equipment.
- Fully utilizes all skills and abilities to work in a flexible environment.
- Welds, solders, cuts, and heats as required.
- Performs housekeeping duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervision.
- Must participate in related instruction and/or training as required.
- Must do considerable amount of bending, stooping, reaching, turning and twisting.
- Must climb and work in high places.
- Must work in confined places.
- Must work with hazardous materials.
- Must work in extremely hot and humid areas.
- Must follow all safety policies and requirements.
- Must learn to operate and use maintenance equipment.
- Must learn to operate welding/heating/cutting tools and equipment.
- Must read blueprints and schematic diagrams.
- Must have a telephone and live within a reasonable commuting distance of the plant.
- Must be able to work shift work, overtime, Sundays, and holidays as required.
- Must be able to respond to call-ins utilizing cell phone call procedure.
- Must comply with company respirator policy.
- Must be able to work independently, be able to prioritize work, and be a self-starter.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and work in a team environment.
- Must have a completed State Indentured Journeyman card or equivalent.
- Must be able to lift 50‑100 lbs. regularly.
- Must not be allergic to chemicals or materials used in a mill environment.
- Must have a valid Wisconsin driver’s license and be able to drive.
- Must possess ambulatory capabilities to move freely about the mill in carrying out responsibilities.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office Products, work within the systems, and be able to keyboard/type
Job Category: Maintenance Manufacturing
Job Type: Full Time Hourly
Job Location: Biron