29 Nov Millwright Journeyman (Biron, WI)
ND Paper is a newly formed, wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited (HKG: 2689), a leading global paper product manufacturer and the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia. Nine Dragons has an extensive product line of kraftlinerboard, testlinerboard, white top linerboard, coated linerboard, high performance corrugating medium, coated duplex board, and coated white board. These products, along with the Rumford and Biron product lines, provide a one-stop shop for a broad variety of your needs in packaging and paper products.
ND Paper is focused on putting the customer first and is an environmentally friendly company that manufactures and distributes various types of pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron, Wisconsin are fully-integrated paper and pulp mills with approximately 1,000 employees and the capacity to produce 890,000 metric tons of paper annually.
Duties of the Job
- Trains others as required.
- Repairs and maintains mill equipment.
- Fully utilizes all skills and abilities to work in a flexible environment.
- Welds, solders, cuts, and heats as required.
- Performs housekeeping duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervision.
- Must participate in related instruction and/or training as required.
- Must do considerable amount of bending, stooping, reaching, turning and twisting.
- Must climb and work in high places.
- Must work in confined places.
- Must work with hazardous materials.
- Must work in extremely hot and humid areas.
- Must follow all safety policies and requirements.
- Must learn to operate and use maintenance equipment.
- Must learn to operate welding/heating/cutting tools and equipment.
- Must read blueprints and schematic diagrams.
- Must have a telephone and live within a reasonable commuting distance of the plant.
- Must be able to work shift work, overtime, Sundays, and holidays as required.
- Must be able to respond to call-ins utilizing cell phone call procedure.
- Must comply with company respirator policy.
- Must be able to work independently, be able to prioritize work, and be a self-starter.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and work in a team environment.
- Must be willing to keep current with industry advancements by continuing education and further developing skills.
- Must have a completed State Indentured Journeyman card or equivalent.
- Must be able to lift 50‑100 lbs. regularly.
- Must not be allergic to chemicals or materials used in a mill environment.
- Must have a valid Wisconsin driver’s license and be able to drive.
- Must possess ambulatory capabilities to move freely about the mill in carrying out responsibilities.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office Products, work within the systems, and be able to keyboard