13 May Mechanical Reliability Engineer (Biron)
ABOUT ND PAPER:
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. We are an environmentally-friendly company that manufactures various types of high-quality pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron Wisconsin are integrated paper & pulp facilities, and our mill in Fairmont, West Virginia is one of only three in the world that produces air-dried, recycled pulp. We anticipate our fourth mill, in Old Town, Maine, will reopen in 2019. We are proud of our 1,100 dedicated employees, who together produce 1.1 million metric tons of paper annually.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: Responsible for electrical and mechanical equipment reliability initiatives and programs for the Biron Mill site.
- Develop, implement and optimize preventative and predictive maintenance systems to minimize equipment downtime in all areas of the mill.
- Develop maintenance personnel to effectively utilize those systems to meet business objectives.
- Work with mill operating teams to identify thresholds and lead RCFA’s, manage the implementation of corrective actions.
- Develop and modify Preventative Maintenance Plans in SAP mill wide.
- Lead mill condition monitoring program; vibration, IR, ultrasonic, etc.
- Lead mill lubrication program implementing best practices.
- Work with lubrication suppliers to improve overall equipment reliability and uptime through optimized product selection and application.
- Work within the downtime planning process of each area of the mill and build specific mechanical and electrical reliability plans for each scheduled down.
- Supervise and manage Lubrication (Oilers) and Reliability Technician crews.
- Manage OSHA frequent and periodic inspections, reliability and maintenance of all hoists and bridge cranes through third party vendor.
- Be the mechanical main point of contact for hazard insurance carrier including audits and follow-ups.
- Coordinate inspections and maintain documentation for regulated objects within the mill (power boilers, unfired pressure vessels, safety valves and backflow preventers).
- Evaluate new technology which applies to operating unit reliability.
- Provide technical expertise for equipment maintenance, maintenance standards, and operating procedures for mill equipment, proactively identify, troubleshoot, and eliminate equipment reliability issues.
- Apply the concepts of precision maintenance to ensure the equipment is designed, repaired, balanced, and aligned to strictly enforce standards before being placed in service.
- Re-engineer/redesign unreliable or failure prone equipment to meet expected operating performance.
- Work on weekend rotation for on-call maintenance responsibilities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in reliability systems, condition monitoring, lubrication tracking systems, etc.
- Industrial experience preferred
- BS in engineering preferred OR Any other equivalent experience
- Strong technical, problem solving, decision-making, computer skills and a demonstrated ability to analyze data
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and work in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple time sensitive projects and issues.
- Ability to follow established work process and procedures.
- Self starter with solid decision making abilities and able to work effectively with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
You can expect a competitive benefit and salary package when you work with us, along with the chance to advance your skills, experience and knowledge within a supportive peer environment.
To apply, please submit your resume online at https://us.ndpaper.com