28 Jan Mechanical Maintenance Planner – Utilities
Mechanical Maintenance Planner – Utilities
The Maintenance Planner position is responsible for shutdowns, routine work order planning and scheduling functions, in order to maintain reliable equipment within the utilities department. This position will report to the Utilities Maintenance Superintendent.
- Facilitate reliability/planning meetings.
- Maintain a daily focus on the safety of self and others. Insure that all safety training is accurate and up to date. Attend and participate in area safety team meetings. Intervene/coach when unsafe acts are observed.
- Use SAP management tool to create work plans, bill of materials, order equipment/materials and document work history.
- Applying and expanding new technology and industry learning toward equipment and process reliability improvements.
- Focus on evolving reliability work from reactionary & time based to a condition based maintenance process.
- Supervise a group of 10-12 mechanics in the absence of the current supervisor.
- Work additional hours during equipment downtime periods. Although rare, this may include holidays, and weekends. Will be included on weekend coverage rotation 4-5 times per year.
- Capable and willing to understand both Operational and Maintenance aspects of the department.
- Candidate must be self-directed and self-motivated, with the ability to make decisions as empowered to.
- Working with the superintendent, maintain a budget of $2-3MM yearly.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Previous maintenance planning experience and strong mechanical aptitude a plus.
- Construction or other mechanical background a plus.
- Consideration will be given for expertise in one or more of the following areas: Chemical Recovery Boilers, CFB Boilers, Solid Fuel Handling Systems, and Lime Kiln & Recaust.
- Candidate must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills, as well as initiative and the ability to delegate decision making and other responsibilities. Ability to handle multiple time sensitive projects and issues. Must work well under pressure.
- Must have the ability to read mechanical drawings and develop sketches/drawings using the method of choice.
- Candidate must possess the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management.
- Candidate must model the Rumford Mill’s values and achieve results through safe work practices, cross-functional participation, manufacturing excellence, integrity and respect for others.
- Computer literate in Microsoft office, Outlook e-mail, SAP and scheduling software.