31 Jul Mechanical Maintenance Planner/Engineer – Pulp Mill
Mechanical Maintenance Planner/Engineer – Pulp Mill
The Maintenance Planner position is responsible for shutdowns and routine work order planning and scheduling functions as required in order to maintain reliable equipment operation. Receives and reviews orders for completeness, validity of the priority, clarity and accuracy of information. Provides estimates for maintenance jobs including sequence of steps, number of craftspeople, man-hours and materials required.
- Develop and update detailed shutdown schedules
- Facilitate reliability/planning meetings
- Maintain a daily focus on the safety of self and others. Insure that all safety training is accurate and up to date. Attend and participate in area safety team meetings.
- Use SAP management tool to create work plans, bill of materials, and document work history
- Applying and expanding new technology and industry learning toward the work of equipment and process reliability improvement
- Evolving reliability work from reactionary & time based to a condition based maintenance process
- Lead and supervise a group of mechanics to maintain all equipment in the absence of the current supervisor
- Provide extended coverage for equipment downtime periods, holidays, and weekends as scheduled. Will be included on weekend coverage rotation.
- Participate in all safety programs.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous maintenance planning experience a plus
- Previous pulp/paper machine experience helpful
- Candidate must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills, as well as initiative and the ability to delegate decision making and other responsibilities. Ability to handle multiple time sensitive projects and issues. Must work well under pressure.
- Candidate must possess the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management.
- Candidate must model ND Paper values and achieve results through safe work practices, cross-functional participation, manufacturing excellence, integrity and respect for others.
- Computer literate in Microsoft office, Outlook e-mail, SAP and scheduling software.