05 Dec Mechanic (Fairmont, WV)
Mechanic (Fairmont, WV)
ND Paper is a newly formed, wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited (HKG: 2689), a leading global paper product manufacturer and the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia. Nine Dragons has an extensive product line of kraftlinerboard, testlinerboard, white top linerboard, coated linerboard, high performance corrugating medium, coated duplex board, and coated white board. These products, along with the Rumford, Biron, and Fairmont product lines, provide a one-stop shop for a broad variety of your needs in packaging and paper products.
ND Paper is focused on putting the customer first and is an environmentally friendly company that manufactures and distributes various types of pulp, paper, and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron, Wisconsin are fully-integrated paper and pulp mills with approximately 1,000 employees and the capacity to produce 890,000 metric tons of paper annually.
Two-Year Technical Degree or equivalent military training or formal apprenticeship program.
Minimum Experience Requirements:
Previous industrial maintenance experience (minimum of 5 years). Industrial maintenance experience must include shutdown prioritization and coordination. Shift experience required, and supervisory experience preferred.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trains apprentices and others as required.
- Advanced pipe fitting and layout; welding and fabrication.
- Power rigging for both stationary and mobile cranes without supervision.
- Ability to repair / rebuild all pumps and gear boxes, vacuum, hydraulic, pneumatic, lubrication, abrasion, and pressure systems.
- Must be able to read blueprints and technical drawings as well as technical manuals.
- Engineering skills preferred. Knowledge of pump and gearbox sizing a plus.
- Applicant expected to demonstrate major troubleshooting skills and perform all work in a safe manner.
- Assists with developing and carrying out preventative maintenance programs.
- Fully utilize all skills and abilities to work in a flexible environment.
- Performs general housekeeping duties and other duties as assigned by supervision.
On The Job Requirements:
- Must be able to work independently, be able to prioritize work, and be a self-starter.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and work in a team environment.
- Must have telephone and live within a reasonable commuting distance of the mill.
- Must be able to work shift work, overtime, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Must be able to respond to call-ins.
- Must have completed a State Indentured Journeyman program or equivalent.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs regularly.
- Must have a valid West Virginia driver’s license and be able to drive.
- Must possess ambulatory capabilities to move freely about the mill in carrying out responsibilities.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office Products, work within the systems, and be able to keyboard/type.
Only those candidates meeting or exceeding all requirements will be interviewed. All selected candidates will be required to take a written & hands-on skills test.