29 Nov Maintenance Manager (Old Town, ME)
ND Old Town LLC (Old Town), a wholly owned subsidiary of ND Paper, is a fully integrated northern unbleached softwood kraft market pulp mill, situated on over 100 acres in close proximity to Bangor, Maine’s second largest city. Existing capacity for the mill is 155,000 admt of premium northern softwood kraft; future capacity is targeted at 275,000 admt. The Old Town facility can produce 100% of its energy needs, using mostly green, renewable energy sources.
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. ND Paper is an environmentally sustainable company that manufactures and distributes various types of pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials at its mills in Rumford, Maine, Biron, Wisconsin, Fairmont, West Virginia and our newest facility in Old Town, Maine.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! We are currently seeking a Maintenance Manager at our Old Town Mill, responsible for the overall maintenance and reliability of the facility.
- Manage the entire Mechanical & E&I maintenance departments, including salaried and hourly staffs
- Manage and execute the plant’s Maintenance Budget
- Responsible for large shutdown planning
- Responsible for maintenance reliability of all process equipment, including utilizing RCFA when appropriate
- Manage the facilities infrastructure and tank integrity and pressure vessel programs
- Responsible for meeting “world class” uptime on all process equipment
- Responsible for all the facility’s pressure part requirements
- Manage the site document control program
- Responsible for all on-site contractors
- Responsible for reaching “world class” safety performance with continued improvement year over year.
- Previous management and supervisory experience required
- Prior paper/pulp manufacturing and maintenance experience a plus
- Candidate must possess the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft office, SAP and scheduling software
- Previous paper machine, kraft process and boiler experience helpful
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills; ability to troubleshoot process problems effectively
- Ability to coach, mentor, lead and direct employees to meet stated objectives
- Candidate must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills, as well as initiative and the ability to delegate decision making and other responsibilities
- Ability to handle multiple time sensitive projects and issues.
- Committed to safety, clean production, continuous improvement and equipment reliability
- Demonstrated skills with using SAP, PI-Process Book, and Distributed Control Systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent training and/or experience
- Candidate must model ND Paper’s values and achieve results through safe and clean work practices, respect for people, minimal environmental impact, quality and customers first, and social responsibility