05 Mar Maintenance Manager (Biron)
Responsible for development, implementation, and optimization of reliability and maintenance systems, programs, and people at the Biron Division. This includes the responsibility for broad-based vibration, and lubrication.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track liabilities in the mill to ensure sufficient resources are available for proper follow-up.
- Be an active member of the Biron Division Leadership Team, support the development and deployment of the division’s tactical and strategic initiatives.
- Lead the development and implementation of training plans that drive continuous improvement of equipment reliability at the Biron Division. The scope includes all crafts, operators, and salaried specialists.
- Apply the concepts of precision maintenance to ensure the equipment is designed, repaired, balanced, and aligned to strictly enforce standards before being placed in service.
- Champion the concept of Operator Driven Reliability (ODR) to drive a reliability culture throughout the facility.
- Work within the downtime planning process of each area of the mill and build specific mechanical and electrical plans for each scheduled down.
- Manage OSHA frequent and periodic inspections, reliability and maintenance of all hoists and bridge cranes.
- Address union issues and maintain good working relationships and communication.
- Active participation in the monthly union/management meetings.
- Lead two meetings per week with maintenance, reliability, and engineering to align on projects and resources.
- Lead all safety discussions and expectations with maintenance, reliability, and engineering.
- Lead, follow-up and/or review actions on safety incidents.
- Actively engage with human resources to obtain top talent for management and hourly craft positions.
- Work on weekend rotation for on-call maintenance responsibilities.
- BS in engineering preferred OR Any other equivalent experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in reliability, predictive, and precision maintenance systems
- Industrial experience preferred
- Safety conscious and willing to work in an industrial environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Desire to work in an industrial environment and production atmosphere and climb in/around equipment
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Good time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong initiative and perseverance
- Strong ambition for continuous learning, willingness to take on additional responsibilities, and desire to promote in the future
You can expect a competitive benefit and salary package when you work with us, along with the chance to advance your skills, experience and knowledge within a supportive peer environment.