29 Nov Maintenance and Reliability Manager (Biron, WI)
ND Paper is a newly formed, wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited (HKG: 2689), a leading global paper product manufacturer and the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia. Nine Dragons has an extensive product line of kraftlinerboard, testlinerboard, white top linerboard, coated linerboard, high performance corrugating medium, coated duplex board, and coated white board. These products, along with the Rumford and Biron product lines, provide a one-stop shop for a broad variety of your needs in packaging and paper products.
ND Paper is focused on putting the customer first and is an environmentally friendly company that manufactures and distributes various types of pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron, Wisconsin are fully-integrated paper and pulp mills with approximately 1,000 employees and the capacity to produce 890,000 metric tons of paper annually.
Responsible for development, implementation, and optimization of reliability and maintenance systems, programs, and people at the Biron Division. This includes the responsibility for broad-based vibration, and lubrication.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement and optimize a world class reliability program to provide maximum benefit to the business objectives of the mill.
- Develop, implement and optimize preventative and predictive maintenance systems to minimize equipment downtime in all areas of the mill.
- Be an active member of the Biron Division Leadership Team, support the development and deployment of the division’s tactical and strategic initiatives.
- Lead the development and implementation of training plans that drive continuous improvement of equipment reliability at the Biron Division. The scope includes all crafts, operators, and salaried specialists.
- Work with mill operating teams to identify thresholds and lead RCFA’s, manage the implementation of corrective actions.
- Develop and modify Preventative Maintenance Plans in SAP mill wide.
- Manage mill vibration and lubrication programs including routes and tracking.
- Work with vibration and lubrication suppliers to improve overall equipment reliability and uptime through optimized product selection and application.
- Apply the concepts of precision maintenance to ensure the equipment is designed, repaired, balanced, and aligned to strictly enforce standards before being placed in service.
- Champion the concept of Operator Driven Reliability (ODR) to drive a reliability culture throughout the facility.
- Work within the downtime planning process of each area of the mill and build specific mechanical and electrical reliability plans for each scheduled down.
- Direct mill vibration monitoring program.
- Manage OSHA frequent and periodic inspections, reliability and maintenance of all hoists and bridge cranes.
- Evaluate new technology which applies to operating unit reliability.
- Provide technical expertise for equipment maintenance, maintenance standards, and operating procedures for mill equipment, proactively identify, troubleshoot, and eliminate equipment reliability issues.
- Re-engineer/redesign unreliable or failure prone equipment to meet expected operating performance.
- Work on weekend rotation for on-call maintenance responsibilities.
- BS in engineering preferred OR Any other equivalent experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in reliability, predictive, and precision maintenance systems
- Industrial experience preferred
- Safety conscious and willing to work in an industrial environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Desire to work in an industrial environment and production atmosphere and climb in/around equipment
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Good time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong initiative and perseverance
- Strong ambition for continuous learning, willingness to take on additional responsibilities, and desire to promote in the future