27 Jun Lime Kiln & Recaust Operator
ND Paper is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. ND Paper is an environmentally friendly company that manufactures and distributes various types of pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron, Wisconsin are fully integrated pulp and paper mills with approximately 1,000 employees and the capacity to produce 890,000 metric tons of paper annually. Our two newest additions: Fairmont, West Virginia and Old Town, Maine are market pulp mills with the capacity to produce 272,000 metric tons of pulp annually and nearly 200 employees.
We are looking to add top talent to join our dynamic team! ND Paper offers full benefits and competitive compensation. We are currently seeking an experienced Lime Kiln/Recaust Operator at the Old Town, Maine Kraft pulp mill.
· Operate lime mud system, including 185 ton/day lime kiln
· Operate causticizing liquor cycle to support Kraft pulp production
· Lab testing of liquor process to support critical performance indicators
· Must maintain environmental compliance
· Maintain daily log of operation, maintenance and safety/environmental activities, including test results, instrument readings and details of equipment malfunctions and maintenance work
· Enter work notifications in SAP for maintenance work
· Perform LOTO/Confined Space Entry for maintenance teams and/or contractors
· Mentor/train junior employees in process and tasks needed
· 2+ years’ operating a lime kiln & re-causticizing plant as a senior operator
· High School Diploma or GED required; college degree desirable.
· Ability to troubleshoot
· Ability to work in hot environments
· Ability to meet physical requirements associated with position
· Must possess independent decision make and critical thinking skills
· Must possess good mechanical and electrical/instrument systems aptitude
· Willingness to work shift work
· Proficiency with computers and distributed control systems (DCS)
· 12-hour, rotating shift work required
· Must model ND Paper’s values and achieve results through safe work practices, cross-functional participation, manufacturing excellence, integrity and respect for others.