29 Nov Journeyman Mechanics (Old Town, ME)
ND Old Town LLC (Old Town), a wholly owned subsidiary of ND Paper, is a fully integrated northern unbleached softwood kraft market pulp mill, situated on over 100 acres in close proximity to Bangor, Maine’s second largest city. Existing capacity for the mill is 155,000 admt of premium northern softwood kraft; future capacity is targeted at 275,000 admt. The Old Town facility can produce 100% of its energy needs, using mostly green, renewable energy sources.
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. ND Paper is an environmentally sustainable company that manufactures and distributes various types of pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials at its mills in Rumford, Maine, Biron, Wisconsin, Fairmont, West Virginia and our newest facility in Old Town, Maine.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! We are currently seeking experienced Journeyman Mechanics to work 12 Hour Rotating Shifts or Days for our new Old Town Mill. ND Paper offers full benefits and competitive wages. The successful candidates will be responsible for assisting with the successful start up of the Old Town facility, and subsequently for the overall maintenance and repairs of the Mill.
Competitive wages and benefits package offered. ND Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Must demonstrate safe and clean work practices at all times
- Must meet the physical demands of a Journeyman Mechanic, and work a minimum of 40hours/week (for day workers) or 36 hours per week (for shift workers), plus frequent overtime as required by the operation or business
- Must work in collaboration with management and operations’ personnel on maintenance related matters
- Must support operations’ personnel, performing troubleshooting and equipment repairs
- Proficient as a Journeyman Mechanic, working in a multi-craft capacity
- A minimum of 3 years mechanical maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Journeyman Mechanic certification, apprenticeship, or equivalent preferred
- Must be self-directed and motivated, participating in a strong team environment
- Self-directed, motivated and capable of high performance in a team environment
- Must possess strong organizational, interpersonal communication, trouble shooting, problem solving and decision making skills
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Successful candidates must successfully pass our hiring process, which includes completing a detailed application, mechanical aptitude testing – written and hands-on, interview, and pre-placement physical with drug testing