19 Mar IT Technician Analyst – Intern
IT Technician Analyst – Intern
Location: Biron Mill
Job Category: Information Technology
Duration: May – October 2019
Educational Level: Enrolled in or graduate of IT Network Specialist degree
Hiring Manager: Paul Einarson, Senior Vice President – Management & Technology, Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Reporting Manager: Jon Claude, Manager Technical Services – Biron Mill, Wisconsin Rapids
About ND Paper:
We are an environmentally-friendly company that manufactures various types of high-quality pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron, Wisconsin are integrated paper & pulp facilities, and our mill in Fairmont, West Virginia is one of only three in the world that produces air-dried, recycled pulp. We anticipate our fourth mill, in Old Town, Maine, will reopen in 2019. We are proud of our 1,100 dedicated employees, who together produce more than 1.1 million metric tons of paper annually.
Install, troubleshoot and repair end user computing hardware such as personal computers, laptops, thin clients, printers, RF Terminals, smart mobile phones and other related peripheral hardware. This includes the support of the current ND Paper software portfolio and liaison with subject matter experts where applicable.
- Provide analytical, technical and administrative work in the design and installation of new and existing personal computer systems, printers and RF scanning systems in accordance with existing End User Computing (EUC) processes.
- Responsible for analyzing and solving personal computer-related problems, printer problems, end device RF scanning and other peripheral equipment. Includes contacting vendors for support when necessary.
- Maintain standard documentation to support all EUC related processes.
- Install, configure and test new and re-issued personal computers under the current EUC imaging standards.
- Maintain accurate information and data regarding end-user issues, new personal computer installs and the re-issue of personal computers in the appropriate tracking systems.
- Assume ownership of Service Desk support tickets and respond quickly with timely follow through to resolution.
- Maintain compliance with software licensing and inventory as prescribed by the corporate standard.
- Follow policies and procedures and assist in enforcing computer/electronic communications/voice mail policies.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and one-on-one manager / technician meetings
- Participate in published HR/Safety training and development initiatives
- Other duties as requested.
- Graduate of or student in IT Network Specialist program or related technical field.
- Motivated and driven with solid interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication, and working in a team-based environment
- Versatile problem solving and analytic skills with the ability to translate business requirements into technical design.
Technical Skills Desired:
- Learn our ticket based support systems (TrackIT!)
- Working knowledge of Windows (Win 7/ Win 10) based personal computer and application software – MS Office 2007 / 2010/ 2012/2016, MS Project, MS Visio, Internet Explorer, Cisco AnyConnect VPN, SCCM
- Ability to learn our Citrix environment
- General knowledge of Ethernet, Wi-Fi networks
- Familiarity with active directory structure
- Comfortable working in heavily virtualized environment