04 Dec IT Technician / Analyst (Fairmont, WV)
IT Technician / Analyst (Fairmont, WV)
Responsible for End-User Support & Systems Management
The Fairmont, West Virginia Division of ND Paper has an immediate need for an IT Technician/Analyst. This person will provide level one support for network, server, desktop, and telecom support at this mid-sized manufacturing facility. This person will also be responsible for assisting the organization in efforts to optimize and improve the mill’s safety, quality, and financial performance.This person is responsible for organized company wide projects that will impact their site. Examples may include network refresh or windows 10 deployment.
This position is part of a team that provides and supports a stable and sustainable technology infrastructure in a facility that operates 24x7x365.
Day to Day
- 1st Level support for end user related issues with: desktops, printers, applications, servers, network, and telephony.
- Assisting Project Leads in items such as: Domain migration, file server standardization, LAN upgrades, desktop imaging and patch management, server virtualization.
- Demand management, change management and understanding of ITIL standards
Preferred Technical Knowledge/Experience
- 2 to 4 years’ relevant experience – (manufacturing environments preferred)
- ability to prioritize tasks without direction
- Customer service oriented / friendly demeanor
- Resourceful and well organized
- Basic Knowledge of Active Directory
- Basic Knowledge of VMWare
- Basic Knowledge of Cisco networking
- Assisting to Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems
- Make recommendations for future upgrades
- Evaluate and modify system’s performance
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with company standards
- Assisting in the Maintenance of network servers such as file servers
- Administer laptop and desktop computers, printers
- Being on call
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Working as a part of a team, spread across various locations
- Working on large projects