29 Nov IT Network Engineer (Any ND Paper Facility)
Responsible for Maintenance and Support of Network Systems
ND Paper has an immediate need for an IT Network Engineer. This person will provide level two and three support for LAN, WAN, VOIP, and Telecom Technologies.
This person will participate on a team that organizes company wide projects across multiple sites.
This person may be required to travel to various sites depending on the needs of business projects.
This position is for a team member that supports high availability infrastructure technology at production facilities across the US that operate 24x7x365.
Day to Day
- Level two and three support for network infrastructure
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions.
- Proactively support and maintain data communications systems.
- Monitor network health with SNMP tools for operations, analysis, and planning.
- Install hardware such as cables, switches, routers, firewalls and wireless access points.
- Configure network switches and routers.
- Develop test and implementation plans for various projects.
- Stay abreast of how technology infrastructures are currently impacting and driving competitors.
- Write supporting documentation and standard operating procedures for network systems.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Upgrade network hardware and software components as required.
- Solve and assist in solving complex problems with many variables.
- This position includes being on call for after hours’ support
- Up to 25% travel may be required
Preferred Technical Knowledge/Experience
- Cisco IOS and XIOS switches, routers and wireless components
- Cisco and Palo alto firewalls and content management systems
- Dedicated Layer2 and DMVPN circuits using EIGRP and BGP routing.
- Active Directory, DNS and DHCP infrastructure technologies
- Telephony VoIP, Digital and Analog phone systems
- Interface technologies from serial data to fiber optics.
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Experience in a manufacturing environment including Process Control
- Working as part of a team, spread across various locations and time zones
- Working on large and small projects
- Knowledge of Datacenter level technologies
- Working knowledge of windows server environments