05 Dec Instrumentation & Electrical Technician (Fairmont, WV)
Instrumentation & Electrical Technician (Fairmont, WV)
ND Paper is a newly formed, wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited (HKG: 2689), a leading global paper product manufacturer and the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia. Nine Dragons has an extensive product line of kraftlinerboard, testlinerboard, white top linerboard, coated linerboard, high performance corrugating medium, coated duplex board, and coated white board. These products, along with the Rumford, Biron, and Fairmont product lines, provide a one-stop shop for a broad variety of your needs in packaging and paper products.
ND Paper is focused on putting the customer first and is an environmentally friendly company that manufactures and distributes various types of pulp, paper, and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron, Wisconsin are fully-integrated paper and pulp mills with approximately 1,000 employees and the capacity to produce 890,000 metric tons of paper annually.
Two-Year Technical Degree or equivalent military training or formal apprenticeship program.
Minimum Experience Requirements:
Previous industrial Instrumentation & Electrical experience (minimum of 5 years). Industrial Instrumentation & Electrical experience must include shutdown prioritization and coordination. Shift experience required, and supervisory experience preferred.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trains apprentices and others as required.
- Repairs, maintains, and installs electrical and instrumentation systems and equipment.
- Locates, diagnoses, and repairs electrical and instrumentation malfunctions.
- Inspects and tests electrical and instrumentation equipment as required.
- Installs pneumatic, electronic, and other instrumentation equipment.
- Disassembles malfunctioning instruments and electrical equipment, troubleshoots and tests.
- Operates distributive controls and programmable controllers to diagnose control problems.
- Assists with planning layouts, running conduit, wiring and tubing; new and existing installations.
- Assists with developing and carrying out preventative maintenance programs.
- Fully utilize all skills and abilities to work in a flexible environment.
- Performs general housekeeping duties and other duties as assigned.
- Must participate in related instruction and/or training by vendors as required. (e.g., Allen Bradley, Fisher Provox / Delta V)
- Must work with radiation type measurement devices.
- Must set up and operate conduit benders, tubing benders, test equipment, etc.
- Must operate programmable controllers, configure and service process controls for required troubleshooting.
- Must work with voltages up to and including 13,800 volts. (e.g., high voltage switch gear)
- Must read and update blueprints, loop sheets, and schematic diagrams.
- Must be able to use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for work order tracking, time entry, parts procurement, etc.
- Must be able to work independently, be able to prioritize work, and be a self-starter.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and work in a team environment.
- Must have telephone and live within a reasonable commuting distance of the mill.
- Must be able to work shift work, overtime, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Must be able to respond to call-ins.
- Must have completed a State Indentured Electrical Apprenticeship Program or equivalent.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs regularly.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Must have a valid West Virginia driver’s license and be able to drive.
- Must have flexibility, reach, and other capabilities consistent with job responsibilities.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office Products, work within the systems, and be able to keyboard/type.
Only those candidates meeting or exceeding all requirements will be interviewed. All selected candidates will be required to take a written & hands-on skills test.