29 Nov HR Business Partner (Old Town, ME)
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with management, and employees at the Old Town Division. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource, safety and health, worker’s compensation, and training/development related issues. The role assesses and anticipates HR and safety related needs and communicates needs proactively with VP & General Manager,as well as to business unit leaders and other members of management. The HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions through collaboration. The position formulates partnerships across the organization to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Serves as the site lead and resource for safety and occupational health needs and requirements
- Consults with line management, providing support and guidance when appropriate
- Provides day-to-day human performance guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Provides professional input to management and others on safety related matters
- Provides leadership for training and development of all employees and coordinates the resources needed for training towards a high performing organization
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Provides safety and HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Manages recruiting and hiring, with assistance from other ND Paper resources
- Oversees worker’s compensation and injury management program
- Provides input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required
- Work beyond normal work schedule as necessary to fulfill position responsibilities
- Carry out other responsibilities related to position as required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience resolving complex employee relations issues
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including employee relations, human performance, organizational diagnosis, training, federal and state employment laws
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant industry experience preferred
- Safety knowledge, experience and interest, including regulatory compliance, safety standards, conscious and willing to work in an industrial environment, and being a champion for safety
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Good time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong initiative and perseverance
- Business acumen including cultural awareness and relationship management.