29 Nov General Manager (Old Town, Maine)
ND Old Town LLC (Old Town), a wholly owned subsidiary of ND Paper, is a fully integrated northern unbleached softwood kraft market pulp mill, situated on over 100 acres in close proximity to Bangor, Maine’s second largest city. Existing capacity for the mill is 155,000 admt of premium northern softwood kraft; future capacity is targeted at 275,000 admt. The Old Town facility can produce 100% of its energy needs, using mostly green, renewable energy sources.
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. ND Paper is an environmentally sustainable company that manufactures and distributes various types of pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials at its mills in Rumford, Maine, Biron, Wisconsin, Fairmont, West Virginia and our newest facility in Old Town, Maine.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! We are currently seeking an experienced General Manager for our new Old Town Mill. ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation. The successful candidate will be responsible for overall management of the Old Town, Maine Mill, and will report to the V.P. and General Manager of the Rumford Division, Rumford, Maine.
- Provide management and leadership for the Old Town Mill operation, including Chip Sourcing, Pulping, Recovery, Power, Kraft line and associated support functions to meet or exceed the mill operating plan.
- Lead the way to “world class” safety performance with continued improvement year over year
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding all environmental requirements and regulations
- Integrate the ND Paper clean production culture into the Old Town operation.
- Develop and oversee operational excellence objectives to continuously improve safety, clean production, productivity, cost controls, and profitability.
- Manage and execute an Operations and Maintenance Budget
- Manage the facilities infrastructure, including but not limited to, the tank integrity and pressure vessel programs, site document control, and pressure parts
- Work closely with Rumford Mill shared services groups
- Assist in developing the Old Town Mill operating plan.
- Assist with the facility’s short and long term strategy and capital plan development
- Responsible for the facility’s asset ledger
- Work jointly with Rumford Mill procurement regarding; MRO needs, Raw Materials, Capital Procurement, Alternate Boiler Fuels, All Services, and Competitive Bids and Contract Development
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent training and/or experience
- Previous experience as a large business unit, or facility General Manager
- Strong process knowledge and hands-on, daily leadership required
- Candidate must possess strong leadership, organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills, as well as initiative and the ability to delegate decision making and other responsibilities. Ability to handle multiple time sensitive projects and issues. Must work well under pressure.
- Candidate must model Company values and achieve results through safe work practices, cross-functional participation, manufacturing excellence, integrity and respect for others.
- Candidate must possess the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management.
Competitive benefits and compensation package offered.