17 May Garage Mechanic Journeyman
Duties of the Job
- Repairs, maintains and installs internal combustion engines such as diesel, gasoline, L.P. engines, etc., and
- related equipment.
- Inspects and tests a variety of equipment such as tractors, bulldozers, trucks, cranes, lift trucks, semi-trailers,
- wheel bearings, etc.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and installs component parts.
- Performs preventive maintenance according to specified mileage and/or age classifications.
- Disassembles component parts of internal combustion engines and related equipment such as air conditioners,
- electrical systems, etc.
- Inspects and performs tire maintenance on corporate vehicles, mounting and dismounting rims using tire
- changers, tire hoists, etc.
- Determines specifications according to service manual.
- Records repair orders.
- Performs general housekeeping duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervision.
- Trains apprentices when needed.
- Assists other crafts when working together on a job.
- Subject to call-ins, overtime, holiday work, and shift work.
- Must participate in related instruction and/or training as required.
- Must lift 75-100 lbs. regularly, e.g., tires, cylinder heads, brake drums, etc.
- Must handle heavy equipment, e.g., tires weighing 65-225 lbs. with rims.
- Must climb, e.g., on and off trucks and related equipment.
- Must do considerable amount of bending, stooping, reaching, pulling, turning and twisting in awkward
- Must operate balancers, electronics testing equipment, hand tools, etc.
- Must operate overhead bridge cranes.
- Must read blueprints and schematic diagrams.
- Must work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must drive.
- Must have a telephone and live within reasonable commuting distance of the plant.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the above job.
- To qualify for this position, individual must have completed the hours as is customary with the trade and as outlined on Exhibit A with the State of Wisconsin Apprenticeship Board.
- Must have completed an Indentured Garage Mechanic Apprenticeship program or equivalent.
- Must not be allergic to solvents, grease, oils, gasoline, dust, or chemicals found in the Kraft mill environment.
- Must have flexibility, reach and body height consistent with job responsibilities.
- Must have a valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
- Must be clean shaven where the sealing surface of the respirator contacts the face.
Job Category: Maintenance Manufacturing
Job Type: Full Time Hourly
Job Location: Biron