29 Nov ETP, Pulp & Fiber Line Manager (Old Town, ME)
ND Old Town LLC (Old Town), a wholly owned subsidiary of ND Paper, is a fully integrated northern unbleached softwood kraft market pulp mill, situated on over 100 acres in close proximity to Bangor, Maine’s second largest city. Existing capacity for the mill is 155,000 admt of premium northern softwood kraft; future capacity is targeted at 275,000 admt. The Old Town facility can produce 100% of its energy needs, using mostly green, renewable energy sources.
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. ND Paper is an environmentally sustainable company that manufactures and distributes various types of pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials at its mills in Rumford, Maine, Biron, Wisconsin, Fairmont, West Virginia and our newest facility in Old Town, Maine.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! We are currently seeking an ETP, Pulp & Fiber Line Manager at our Old Town Mill, responsible for the Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP), woodyard (chip pile and biomass management), and pulping operation. The Old Town pulp mill has two Kamyr continuous digesters with brownstock screening, washing and storage systems.
- Provide managerial oversite for the pulp, fiber line, woodyard and ETP areas, including salaried and hourly personnel
- Identify, prioritize and ensure execution of maintenance activities for all areas of responsibility
- Continuously improve operational efficiencies and cost controls
- Collaborate with maintenance personnel to develop shutdown scheduling and planning
- Maintain accountability and control of process parameters and productivity
- Drives continuous awareness and support of safety and clean production initiatives
- Ensure compliance with Mill, departmental, safety and environmental policies and regulations
- Support procurement initiatives
- Prior pulp manufacturing and recovery/causticizing process experience required
- Previous management and supervisory experience required
- Candidate must possess the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills; ability to troubleshoot process problems effectively
- Ability to provide leadership in order to meet stated objectives
- Candidate must possess strong organizational, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills, as well as initiative and the ability to delegate decision making and other responsibilities
- Committed to safety, clean production, continuous improvement and equipment reliability
- Demonstrated skills with using SAP, PI-Process Book, and Distributed Control Systems a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent training and/or experience
- Candidate must model ND Paper’s values and achieve results through safe and clean work practices, respect for people, minimal environmental impact, quality and customers first, and social responsibility