01 Aug Environmental Manager (Old Town, ME)
ND Paper is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. ND Paper is an environmentally friendly company that manufactures and distributes various types of pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron, Wisconsin are fully integrated pulp and paper mills with approximately 1,000 employees and the capacity to produce 890,000 metric tons of paper annually. Our two newest additions: Fairmont, West Virginia and Old Town, Maine are market pulp mills with the capacity to produce 272,000 metric tons of pulp annually and nearly 200 employees.
We are looking to add top talent to join our dynamic team! ND Paper offers full benefits and competitive compensation. We are currently seeking an experienced Environmental Manager at the Old Town, Maine Kraft pulp mill.
- Manage environmental compliance programs in the areas of air, water, storm water, solid and hazardous waste, EPCRA, and related media
- Implement environmental management systems for sustainable compliance, including training, data management, policies/procedures, reporting, and recordkeeping
- Coordinate environmental permitting
- Serve as the primary contact with environmental regulatory personnel
- Serve as a technical resource to facility personnel
- Maintain training and certifications necessary for environmental compliance
- Track emerging regulatory issues and support the company’s involvement in the regulatory/legislative process
- Bachelor’s degree in technical engineering field required.
- 5+ years of environmental engineering or related technical engineering experience in multiple environmental media preferred.
- Candidate must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem solving, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills.
- Candidate must possess the ability to interact effectively with hourly, management, community, and regulatory personnel.
- Candidate must model the company’s values and achieve results through safe work practices, cross-functional participation, manufacturing excellence, integrity and respect for others.