29 Nov Environmental Engineer (Rumford, ME)
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. ND Paper is an environmentally friendly company that manufactures and distributes various types of pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron, Wisconsin are fully-integrated paper and pulp mills with approximately 1,000 employees and the capacity to produce 890,000 metric tons of paper annually.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation. We are currently seeking an experienced Environmental Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing environmental compliance programs in all environmental media at an integrated kraft pulp and paper mill, including: wastewater, stormwater solid waste, hazardous waste, air, chemical management, and community right to know programs.
- Administer a wide range of environmental compliance programs across all areas of the facility by maintaining compliance data, policies/procedures, and recordkeeping for regulatory/permit requirements
- Coordinate permit modifications and renewals as needed
- Perform environmental compliance and regulatory reporting
- Serve as the primary contact with environmental regulatory personnel
- Serve as a technical resource to facility personnel
- Assist with chemical management, Safety Data Sheets, and reporting
- Assist with supervision of process/environmental laboratory testers
- Maintain training and certifications for aspects of environmental compliance
- Assist with tracking emerging regulatory issues and support the company’s involvement in the regulatory/legislative process
- 5+ years of environmental engineering or related technical engineering experience in multiple environmental media preferred
- Must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem solving, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills
- Ability to interact effectively with hourly, management, community, and regulatory personnel
- Must model the company’s values and achieve results through safe work practices, cross-functional participation, manufacturing excellence, integrity and respect for others.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical engineering field required