30 Jan Energy Manager (Oakbrook Terrace, IL)
Energy Manager (Oakbrook Terrace, IL)
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. We are an environmentally-friendly company that manufactures various types of high-quality pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron Wisconsin are integrated paper & pulp facilities, and our mill in Fairmont, West Virginia is one of only three in the world that produces air-dried, recycled pulp. We anticipate our fourth mill, in Old Town, Maine, will reopen in 2019. We are proud of our 1,100 dedicated employees, who together produce 1.1 million metric tons of paper annually.
We have opened our US headquarters in Oakbrook Terrace, IL and are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation. We are currently seeking an experienced Energy Manager to join our team.
The Energy Manager will manage the organization’s efforts to promote responsible use of natural resources, primarily by reducing the use of utilities and fossil fuels in the operation of our facilities. The individual will be accountable for the creation of an energy strategy for each mill in conjunction with mill leadership. In addition, the Energy Manager will collaborate with utilities, energy vendors and government to identify opportunities to reduce energy usage and cost. The successful candidate will be adept at providing information, analysis and recommendations to applicable leadership.
- Facilitate the creation of a detailed energy strategy for each mill in conjunction with site leadership.
- Identify, assess and pursue government and utility incentive and usage reduction programs.
- Identify opportunities for green energy credits.
- Identify government programs for green investments.
- Build relationships with utilities, vendors and relevant government agencies.
- Work with mills to identify, evaluate and execute new value-adding energy projects.
- Identify relevant trends in energy technology and markets.
- Perform site energy audits.
- Provide technical analysis/review for energy projects; provide project risk assessments.
- Provide continuous improvement recommendations on a yearly basis to optimize existing control strategies.
- Responsible for reviewing energy contract documents.
- Assists in the preparation of cost estimates for projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and five (5) years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience in energy engineering.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with energy analysis tools.
- Working knowledge of cost and savings studies and incorporating energy conservation measures.
- Experience with spot energy purchasing and energy contract negotiations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, contract documents, control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from top management, customers, and service personnel.
- Desire for hands-on project development and stakeholder contact.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Experience with environmental issues and factors, including but not limited to air pollution control and wastewater treatment would be an asset.