04 Feb E&I/Process Control Engineer
E&I/Process Control Engineer – Old Town Mill
Old Town, Maine
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. We are an environmentally-friendly company that manufactures various types of high-quality pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron Wisconsin are integrated paper & pulp facilities, and our mill in Fairmont, West Virginia is one of only three in the world that produces air-dried, recycled pulp. We anticipate our fourth mill, in Old Town, Maine, will reopen in 2019. We are proud of our 1,100 dedicated employees, who together produce 1.1 million metric tons of paper annually.
ND Old Town LLC (Old Town), a wholly owned subsidiary of ND Paper, is a fully integrated northern unbleached softwood kraft market pulp mill, situated on over 100 acres in close proximity to Bangor, Maine’s second largest city. Existing capacity for the mill is 155,000 admt of premium northern softwood kraft; future capacity is targeted at 275,000 admt. The Old Town facility can produce 100% of its energy needs, using mostly green, renewable energy sources.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! We are currently seeking an experienced, E&I/Process Control Engineer to assist with the successful operation of our Old Town Mill. ND Paper offers full benefits and competitive wages.
For additional information please visit the company’s web site at https://us.ndpaper.com
The E&I/Process Control Engineer at the Old Town Mill is primarily responsible for the optimization of the mill’s processes measurement and control systems. The mill’s control systems are connected to a variety of sensors and actuators that continuously measure, regulate and manage the pulp and paper manufacturing processes and equipment. The work of the E&I/Process Control Engineer crosses many areas and disciplines including computer programming, chemistry, electrical, mathematics, quality and of course pulp & paper science. This engineering position will generally work independently under the direction of the plant manager. Specific expectations include:
- Utilize various techniques to resolve production and process problems
- Assist Operations with day to day electrical, instrumentation and process issues
- Perform control system programming including GUI building
- Continually search for opportunities to improve control performance & reduce cost
- Participate as a team member in capital improvement projects
- Training of operations personnel on DCS systems
- Utilization of statistical methods to reduce process variation
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in engineering with a minimum of five years of experience in the pulp and paper or related industry OR the equivalent training and/or experience preferred.
- Proficient with all levels of Windows, databases & historians.
- Candidate must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills, as well as initiative and the ability to delegate decision making and other responsibilities. Ability to handle multiple time sensitive projects and issues.
- The ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management.
- Candidate must model ND Paper’s vision, values and achieve results through safe work practices, cross-functional participation, manufacturing excellence, integrity and respect for others.
- Utility/Recovery/Steam/Power, Pulping or Paper Machine process knowledge is preferred. Hands-on working knowledge of DCS systems is a must. Specific experience with, ABB MOD300, ABB Masterpiece and ABB Advant DCS, Rockwell/Allen-Bradley PLCs and Drives are a plus.