29 Nov Pulp Mill Operators (Digester/Washing/Screening) (Old Town, ME)
ND Old Town LLC (Old Town), a wholly owned subsidiary of ND Paper, is a fully integrated northern unbleached softwood kraft market pulp mill, situated on over 100 acres in close proximity to Bangor, Maine’s second largest city. Existing capacity for the mill is 155,000 admt of premium northern softwood kraft; future capacity is targeted at 275,000 admt. The Old Town facility can produce 100% of its energy needs, using mostly green, renewable energy sources.
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. ND Paper is an environmentally sustainable company that manufactures and distributes various types of pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials at its mills in Rumford, Maine, Biron, Wisconsin, Fairmont, West Virginia and our newest facility in Old Town, Maine.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! We are currently seeking experienced Pulp Mill Operators (Digester/Washing/Screening) to operate our two (2) Kamyr continuous digesters with brownstock screening, washing, and storage systems. ND Paper offers full benefits and competitive wages. The successful candidates will be responsible for successful, safe and efficient operation of the mill’s Kamyr digesters and associated systems.
Competitive wages and benefits package offered.
- Responsible for safe, efficient operation of Old Town Mill’s 2 Kamyr continuous digesters with brownstock screening, washing, and storage systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and work in hot environments
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position
- Must lead an operational crew to successful and safe digester, screening, and washing operations
- Must work in collaboration with management on all aspects of the Kamyr operation
- Must demonstrate safe and clean work practices at all times
- Full time employment working 12 hour, rotating Shift Work and some overtime required
- Prior experience, 2+ years, operating Kamyr Digesters and/or associated equipment
- Must possess independent decision making and critical thinking skills
- Must possess good mechanical and electrical systems’ aptitude
- Must be willing to continuously learn and develop skills and knowledge of the operation
- Proficiency with computer systems and use of DCS
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Successful candidates must successfully pass our hiring process, which includes completing a detailed application, interview, and pre-placement physical with drug testing