04 Feb Corporate Safety Manager (Oakbrook Terrace, IL)
Corporate Safety Manager (Oakbrook Terrace, IL)
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. We are an environmentally-friendly company that manufactures various types of high-quality pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron Wisconsin are integrated paper & pulp facilities, and our mill in Fairmont, West Virginia is one of only three in the world that produces air-dried, recycled pulp. We anticipate our fourth mill, in Old Town, Maine, will reopen in 2019. We are proud of our 1,100 dedicated employees, who together produce 1.1 million metric tons of paper annually.
We have opened our US headquarters in Oakbrook Terrace, IL and are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation. We are currently seeking an experienced Safety Manager to join our team.
ND Paper is driving towards zero injuries through an uncompromising commitment to safety. The Corporate Safety Manager will be instrumental in this effort and will coordinate across our four manufacturing facilities and two corporate offices.
- Consistent and constant promotion of the belief that all injuries are preventable.
- Build world class safety programs leading to a sustainable change in company safety culture.
- Drive, update, and propose a comprehensive, multi-year strategy to continue the company’s drive toward zero injuries. This includes work in personal safety, environment, occupational health and process safety. The strategy focuses both on technical systems/standards, and on leadership/behavioral/cultural aspects
- Provide technical expertise, strategic leadership and support to various company facilities on regulatory compliance issues in Safety.
- Create synergy and leverage the knowledge, personnel and resources of the division level Safety resources.
- Lead and oversee operational audit programs to assure regulatory compliance in EHS.
- Manage EHS information and reporting, including the generation of accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports, their corresponding analysis, and the proposition of improvement actions.
- A track record of improving safety outcomes in a large manufacturing organization
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a safety manager required
- BSc/BA in safety management preferred.
- Pulp and Paper industry experience preferred
- CSP (Certified Safety professional) certification preferred
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines.
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies.
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment.
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Multi-state manufacturing background required.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of time