12 Apr Construction Manager (Any of our Locations)
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. We are an environmentally-friendly company that manufactures various types of high-quality pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron Wisconsin are integrated paper & pulp facilities, and our mill in Fairmont, West Virginia is one of only three in the world that produces air-dried, recycled pulp. We anticipate our fourth mill, in Old Town, Maine, will reopen in 2019. We are proud of our 1,100 dedicated employees, who together produce 1.1 million metric tons of paper annually.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation. We are currently seeking an experienced Construction Manager to join our team.
The Construction Manager will work under the direction of the assigned Project Managers to direct the overall Construction on major paper industry construction projects.
The Construction Manager will oversee, drive, and ensure successful execution of major construction and paper machine projects within the business.
- Plan and supervise a wide range of construction processes from start to finish
- Organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time per requirements and without exceeding budget
- Work with project team to identify areas of cost savings within construction
- Oversee all construction vendors
- Setting and commissioning large pieces of machinery
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Identify, track, manage and resolve project issues
- Lead and motivate people to ensure compliance with all relevant technical, quality, environmental and safety standards
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Effectively organize engineering drawings and documentation
- Relocate to job sites for both short & extended periods of time
- Strong organizational, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills to facilitate close work with field personnel, and internal departments to achieve deadlines with quality work
- Be able to travel up to 80% of the time
- 5 or more years of experience in industrial or similar industries (preferred)
- Experience within the Paper/Pulp or Packaging industries highly preferred
- Knowledge in construction methodologies and procedures, and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results
- Ensure that assigned work sites comply with safety program and other regulatory requirements
- Proficiency with Outlook, Excel, Word, Microsoft Project, Power Point and ability to learn new programs as needed
- MSHA and OSHA training a plus
- Experience in setting and commissioning large pieces of machinery