04 Jan Compensation & Benefits Analyst (Oakbrook Terrace, IL)
Compensation & Benefits Analyst (Oakbrook Terrace, IL)
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. We are an environmentally-friendly company that manufactures various types of high-quality pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron Wisconsin are integrated paper & pulp facilities, and our mill in Fairmont, West Virginia is one of only three in the world that produces air-dried, recycled pulp. We are proud of our 1,100 dedicated employees, who together produce 1.1 million metric tons of paper annually.
We have opened our US headquarters in Oakbrook Terrace, IL and are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation.
We are seeking an experienced Compensation & Benefits Analyst. A successful Compensation and Benefits Analyst will have prior experience working with self-insurance benefit programs. Must have experience with union labor agreements, salary analysis and benefits structures using metrics and models to understand current trends and proactively predict future trends. The Compensation and Benefits Analyst supports the Benefits Manager and the Payroll Manager to help manage payroll, benefits, HRIS and compensation analysis.
- Weekly benefit deduction audits for payroll processing
- Manage, administer, and analyze all leave of absences.
- Processes claims including Life, AD&D, STD and LTD claims
- Monitoring and researching compensation and benefits trends
- Comparing benefits and compensation plans through data and cost analyses
- Help prepare government filings, plan audits, or other tax-reporting requirements such as ACA
- Designing reports and recommendations based on research and analysis
- Conduct periodic audits, prepare, and present reports
- Researching and analyzing benefits plans, programs, and policies
- Assist with the administration of employee benefit, retirement, and pension plans
- Making recommendations based on data analyses
- Monitoring government regulations, legislation, and benefits trends
- Researching compensation trends and reviewing compensation surveys
- Coordinate communication of compensation and benefits information to employees and other HR groups.
- Ensure compensation and benefits standards comply with company policies and/or other regulations or legislation.
- Participate in developing and leading the company wellness programs
- Other benefits, compensation, and payroll tasks undefined at this time
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Finance, Business, or related field preferred
- 3-5 years of Benefits and Compensation administration work experience
- Self-insurance benefits experience strongly preferred
- Intermediate understanding Microsoft Excel is required
- Experience with administering benefit for multiple union groups is a plus
- Success in managing and automating different compensation and benefits processes
- Must have a high degree of attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills including database management and recordkeeping
- Evidence of the ability to practice a high level of confidentiality
- Knowledge of regulations and practices related to compensation and benefits
- Must be able to effectively communicate with people at all levels of the organization
- Effective decision-making skills and can properly collect, analyze, and report data
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%