04 Jan Compensation & Benefits Analyst (Oakbrook Terrace, IL)
Compensation & Benefits Analyst (Oakbrook Terrace, IL)
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. We are an environmentally-friendly company that manufactures various types of high-quality pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron Wisconsin are integrated paper & pulp facilities, and our mill in Fairmont, West Virginia is one of only three in the world that produces air-dried, recycled pulp. We are proud of our 1,100 dedicated employees, who together produce 1.1 million metric tons of paper annually.
We have opened our US headquarters in Oakbrook Terrace, IL and are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation.
We are looking to hire a detail-oriented Compensation & Benefits Analyst to analyze our company’s compensation structures and assist the benefits team. The Compensation & Benefits Analyst will evaluate our total compensation packages by analyzing employees’ experience and responsibilities, by doing comparative analysis by region and industry, and by taking the company’s financial performance into consideration. The Compensation & Benefits Analyst will establish compensation packages for new hires and increases thereafter. You will develop compensation packages for new positions created. You will grow the hiring and employee retention programs.
To be effective in this position you will establish a healthy balance between employee compensation and the company’s financial performance and provide management sound advice on the total compensation needed from a market perspective. Top candidates will be meticulous, have outstanding business acumen, demonstrate sound understanding of compensation analysis, have demonstrated the ability to work in collaborative work environment across multiple manufacturing facilities and leadership levels.
Additional duties will include but not limited to working with the Corporate Benefits Manager assisting with various benefits analyst based work activities. The Compensation & Benefits Analyst will report to the Corporate Benefits Manager with dotted line to the Vice President of Human Resources.
Compensation Analyst Responsibilities:
- Growing and overseeing company remuneration policies and programs.
- Analyzing positions to ascertain scope of employee responsibilities and requirements.
- Analyzing and interpreting company’s remuneration programs.
- Reviewing wide range of relevant compensation data to ensure company’s remuneration policies are competitive.
- Contributing company data to compensation surveys.
- Analyzing results of compensation surveys.
- Predicting future trends to steer company in a positive direction.
- Managing salary structure creation and maintenance.
- Ensuring company compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
Benefits Analyst Responsibilities:
- Weekly benefit deduction audits for payroll processing
- Manage, administer, and analyze all leave of absences.
- Processes claims including Life, AD&D, STD and LTD claims
- Help prepare government filings, plan audits, or other tax-reporting requirements such as ACA
- Conduct periodic audits, prepare, and present reports
- Assist with researching and analyzing benefits plans, programs, and policies
- Assist with the administration of employee benefit, retirement, and pension plans
- Participate in developing and leading the company wellness programs
- Other benefits, compensation, and payroll tasks undefined at this time
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Finance, Business, or related field preferred
- 3-5 years of Benefits and Compensation administration work experience
- Self-insurance benefits experience strongly preferred
- Intermediate understanding Microsoft Excel is required
- Experience with administering benefit for multiple union groups is a plus
- Success in managing and automating different compensation and benefits processes
- Must have a high degree of attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills including database management and recordkeeping
- Evidence of the ability to practice a high level of confidentiality
- Knowledge of regulations and practices related to compensation and benefits
- Must be able to effectively communicate with people at all levels of the organization
- Effective decision-making skills and can properly collect, analyze, and report data
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%